+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FFM Issues after todays update.

Hello I have 3 FFM modules linked to my apex. All of them have optical and leak sensors attached to them. After todays update the visual switches for them on my dashboard have all disappeared. I am getting alarms that some of them are open (even when they are not). When I went into each specific FFM module. All the sensors are now listed as flow sensors. I attempted to switch them back to the proper optical and leak sensors with no luck. I have physically disconnected each module for 60 sec and plugged back in with no luck. I have rebooted the whole system again with no luck. Kinda at a loss here. Not sure what else to do. Looking for any ideas. Thanks in advance

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
F

fpotter15028

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya just tried that again. And unfortunately that didn't work. The weird thing is I even tried renaming the module and that didn't work either. Almost like its frozen. I did get a success message when I updated it though. dang thing was working perfect until I updated it this afternoon.

Top Shelf Aquatics

rhostam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eeek didn't see this post and I worked on my own before refreshing to see this one. I'm encountering the same issue. Except not only all my FMMs were affected. ASM, DOS, etc. And now many accessories attached to these devices also report disconnected or are now missing.

This appears to have remapped my optical sensors and heat probes. Programming is now useless, too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fpotter15028

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My DOS came up missing as well. But that has fixed itself.

So far I have
Rebooted the Apex - No Change
Updated FFM module software - No Change
Unplugged the module ( for 1 min) after software update - No change
Attempted to change name of module - Change would no take effect if will "success message"

AS

Roli's Reef Ranch

Review score
+1 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FFM Issues after todays update.

Hello I have 3 FFM modules linked to my apex. All of them have optical and leak sensors attached to them. After todays update the visual switches for them on my dashboard have all disappeared. I am getting alarms that some of them are open (even when they are not). When I went into each specific FFM module. All the sensors are now listed as flow sensors. I attempted to switch them back to the proper optical and leak sensors with no luck. I have physically disconnected each module for 60 sec and plugged back in with no luck. I have rebooted the whole system again with no luck. Kinda at a loss here. Not sure what else to do. Looking for any ideas. Thanks in advance
My timing is impeccable. I just updated mine 5 minutes ago and saw your post. I have been avoiding the update for weeks for this kind of reason...

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

PigDaddyF15E

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have issues...I updated...sorry to hear you are having issues.

I had issues with the previous update...until I read the patch notes about unplugging them. So I was happy to see that this update CLEARLY mentioned unplugging them...but to do those things and NOT get results...would be frustrating.

rhostam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have issues...I updated...sorry to hear you are having issues.

I had issues with the previous update...until I read the patch notes about unplugging them. So I was happy to see that this update CLEARLY mentioned unplugging them...but to do those things and NOT get results...would be frustrating.
Yes, I unplugged as instructed and I did the last update. The update only mentions having to do this for FMMs. I’ve spent hours troubleshooting with Neptune for issues and an accustomed to following instructions. One issue took weeks to resolve.

However, this update has affected my ASM and DOS as well. I can no longer browse module list directly. It shows an blank screen both in UI for iOS app and website apexfusion (my primary use) I can no longer delete items either because I can’t get to their properties page. On the alerts menu where you can click alarms like “A module is rubbing outdated software.” and be taken directly to device in question doesn’t work. I’ve opened a ticket as well, but will likely delete the whole system and start again tomorrow. In the meantime I’ve disconnected all of my PMUPS physically as they just stay on, now.

rhostam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fpotter15028 any updates on your end?

Just an update since my thread didn’t get much attention and it’s the same issue:

Neptune support told me to use the Replace Module task.

That would be great if the software recognized the hardware properly. But it doesn’t. It won’t even directly show a device property or show me the module view.

As for the task itself, it may correctly identify disconnected modules and it may not (subsequently) detect the newly detected modules at all. Yes, you read that right. Additionally, I did manage to replace one unit and the newly replaced unit is reporting disconnected now. Add to the frustration, my APEX A2 is now randomly going offline (hardwired).

So, for instance:
  • FMM2_ACC (disconnected) -> FMM_18 (new detected after upgrade)
  • Then, FMM_18 (now reports disconnected)

Fun times. I hope they’re of better help to any others that submitted tickets than to me.

This marks the second ticket where I don’t even think they tried.

@NeptunePaul @Bulk Reef Supply

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of mine updated okay with multiple DOS units.

My LLS started reading 0 though. I had to go in and change it to a different length, upload, wait a minute, change back the correct size, and then upload. This fixed it and everything is working as it should.

Luis's Nano

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is having issues as well. My fmm light is solid orange. Also, my power bar status light is solid yellow and no reading any amps or watts and cannot be controlled through app.

OP
OP
F

fpotter15028

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got mine fixed

Neptune told me to unplug each of my FFM modules from the Aquabus and any power source for at least 5 - 10 mins. Then plug them back in one at I time.

So here is what I did. lol
1) went into each affected module and updated the software again
2) unplugged the aquabus cable from each FMM module (and the power source I had plugged into 1)
3) unplugged my actual apex unit for 5 mins
4) rebooted my Apex unit
5) ONE AT A TIME - plugged in FFM module and configured it (switched sensors back to "optical" or "Water on floor". Since they all said Flow again. Updated.

And that fixed it for me. My sensors were still missing from my interface display. So I had to go to the lock icon. But I found them all in the new icon section (they were not there before). And I was able to just drag them back down.

hope this works for you all!!!

rhostam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I realize OP @fpotter15028 's issue was resolved, but I just wanted to share my update for visibility:

I had two FMMs that were both trying to take the ID of an existing FMM. It is unclear what caused this condition, but it may have been from the Apex panicking due to an interrupted update on one or both of the FMMs.

Support did recommend using the swap module task to help with this, but I was concerned with proceeding because I didn't understand the problem (after a factory reset) AND I just rebuilt/reconfigured everything - how could there be conflicts? Plus the task assumes that the problem FMMs are still configured (they weren't). We did a support screen share to troubleshoot/resolve this issue. They did a few swap commands and the issues were resolved within 30 minutes.

They still recommend submitting a ticket to help with this issue. They are unfortunately pretty busy the last two weeks, and they apologized for the delay. They will also look to see if they can write a simple document with steps if this issue is experienced by any more folk (several monitor/use R2R).

Shout out to @NeptunePaul and specifically CB for helping me through a frustrating experience!

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back