Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Reef By Steele

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
WE GOT THE REEF
BOX AD 22 SAVE.png

NEW AND EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS

At Reef By Steele, we are always looking for ways to improve and ensure we offer our customers the greatest benefit for every dollar they invest in their tanks with us. This is why we sieve at 50 Micron ensuring that every bottle of Copepods we sell has 3-4 times the Pods that are visible to the eye. It is the reason we harvest our phytoplankton fresh each and every week and mix equal parts to maintain the diversity in the nutritional profile and its effectiveness in nutrient control. This commitment to quality is why our phytoplankton comes straight from the culture vessels, mixed in sterilized collection vessels, aerated to eliminate settling until packaged for shipment, ensuring it is as fresh as possible.

NEW SWAG

9 Sticker Pics.png

We are thrilled to announce that we have expanded our SWAG by adding Logoed Bic Pens and expanded our selection of unique reefing stickers (including an actual customers fish). We include one in every order, so order regularly to collect all 9.\

WHAT WE LEARNED AT RAP NY

Earlier this year I made a last-minute decision to visit Reef-A-Palooza to see what all the hype was about. What an amazing journey that was, and after discussing with @Ocean_Queenie we made the decision and commitment to attend RAP Anaheim, so please stop in and meet us if you are fortunate enough to be able to attend, as we would love to meet you. That trip opened our eyes to new potential opportunities we can implement to offer greater variety and value to our customers, one such was the addition of the Brightwell Aquatics line to our offering. We will also have announcements that we are planning to make live from Reef-A-Palooza in September, Visit our booth on Saturday and be among the first to hear it. Check out our thread from NY.

NEW AUTOMATIC PHYTOPLANKTON DOSING SYSTEM

AutoDosWith.png

Our commitment to our customers is a driving force behind our business and a major reason that we receive such positive feedback from our customers. Because we listen, our business has expanded and grown. Earlier this year I had a customer ask me a question that I had been considering for some time. “Can you auto dose phytoplankton?”, because he travels and didn’t want to lose the consistent dosing and lose the progress that he had achieved. And now we have an answer, YES! There are intricate challenges to auto dosing phytoplankton. Doesn’t phytoplankton need to be refrigerated? No, live phytoplankton can last 2-3 weeks at room temperature (we recommend not over 10 days), refrigeration does extend the storage capacity to up to 3 months industry standard (we recommend 4-6 weeks as we love our phyto fresh). Doesn’t phytoplankton settle, yes that is why you need to shake stored phytoplankton at least every three days so the settling doesn’t smother and kill the cells trapped below. This means the phyto must be agitated to keep it in suspension so that the dosage stays consistent. My first thought was to aerate it like I do with our harvest, but that also promotes evaporation. As this customer @ebgclef and I discussed these challenges he suggested a magnetic stirrer. In his system he uses the stirrer under a dosing chamber he already had on hand, a drawback is that the chamber is square, so some settling occurs in the corners. We have alleviated this with a round dosing chamber. With this setup, he has lowered his nitrates from mid 30’s to 1-2 ppm and does see them rise if he runs out of phyto between shipments. Eugene dilutes our phyto 3 to 1 with saltwater, to be able to run the doser all day to avoid long term setting in the lines, but it can be dosed at full strength as well. Click here for more detailed information.

PHYTO BUFFET EXTREME

Phyto All.png

Our introduction of our Phyto Buffet Extreme is a result of an R2R customer’s questions, which lead to our research and allows us to concentrate our phytoplankton in the safest and least detrimental method possible. This product is harvested and refrigerated for 3 days, we then remove the clear water from the strains that settle, mix and blend providing us again with an all-natural product with approximately twice the cell count as our standard. While it retains the same characteristics of our original, it does allow a customer to dose more days from a smaller portion or provide stronger coverage for systems with higher needs (tanks with heavy filter feeding organisms and NPS corals).

DOUBLE AND EXTREME COPEPOD BUFFETS

Premium All.png

We spent a good amount of time as discussed previously on developing and purifying our Harpa pods. We used to use them as a promotional tool, but were asked why we didn’t have any in any of our selections except as a single species, so we Developed our Majestic, Energetic, and Gigantic Pod Buffets where we concentrate the pods by using ½ the water and then we double the pods per container by filling ½ way and then adding an equally high density of Harpa Pods together. Once we started harvesting at double density, we determined that we could also offer full bottles of double density pods in our original mixes as well. We call these the Pod Buffet Extremes.

-https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/double-density-pods.1056922/

PURCHASE IN COMBOS AND SAVE

EXPERIENCE THE STEELE ADVANTAGE

Quality Products
Competitive Prices
Constant Innovation
Personalized Customer Service
Satisfaction Guaranteed

Hershingen Mosiken

View Badges
Reaction score
I was trying to place an order but got confused with the different buffets - energetic? Colossal? Gigantic? Where can I find descriptions of each type? I'm browsing around the site and not finding any information on the types.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was trying to place an order but got confused with the different buffets - energetic? Colossal? Gigantic? Where can I find descriptions of each type? I'm browsing around the site and not finding any information on the types.
Sorry, I didn’t get a notification of this reply. Each buffet has a description of which pods are in them, just below the “buy with Shop pay” button. But I am happy to describe them to you.

Our pods are divided into two basic categories. Benthic (crawlers) great CUC, well suited to colonize in and aquarium, food supply targeted by Mandarins, Dragonets, Sand Sifting Gobies etc, and Pelagic (free swimmers) also consume nuisance algae, food source for cruising fish like Anthias, many Wrasses, and other high metabolism fish who require a constant food supply. We do blends of each and combined, we also add rotifers to some blends without adding extra water so they pod densities remain the same, and we use our special Harpa Pods (benthic related to tisbe but smaller and great reproducers) in our double pods also added without extra water to create double density pods. Our breakdown below.

Benthic: Tisbe, Apocyclops and Tigriopus

Blended (equal volume of the above three
Premium (adds rotifers to Blended)
Extremes are double pods by reducing the water by 50%
Majestic (double density Harpas added to equal volume of Premium Extreme)

Pelagic: Acartia, Pseudo, Parvo

Mixed (equal volume of the above three)
Select (adds rotifers to Mixed)
Energetic (adds double Harpas to Select Extreme)

Both
Colossal (equal blend of benthic and pelagic 6 species)
Titanic (adds rotifers to colossal)
Gigantic (adds double Harpas to Titanic Extreme)

Hope this clarifies it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back