Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
i'd say silent.. I have one in my small 29 gallon biocube, and I can't hear it! In comparison I had a Jaebo pp-4 in the tank for about the last year, and you could constantly hear that ramp up and down all day long. With this, you don't hear a thing!

NASOTANG87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
i'd say silent.. I have one in my small 29 gallon biocube, and I can't hear it! In comparison I had a Jaebo pp-4 in the tank for about the last year, and you could constantly hear that ramp up and down all day long. With this, you don't hear a thing!
Agreed. I’ve had the same experience so far. It’s nearly dead quiet. I have one in my reefer 350.

mdbronco

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Very promising then! I really like the look of them and they make my Tunze's look like something from a Steam Punk novel. But the Tunze's are super quiet as well so will need to think about it.

NASOTANG87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Very promising then! I really like the look of them and they make my Tunze's look like something from a Steam Punk novel. But the Tunze's are super quiet as well so will need to think about it.
It’s easily strong enough to push water 48” across the tank. I just got to get it dialed in so it’s not blowing sand around too.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Noise level?

It's quiet in the office this morning, so I went into our studio to listen to the pumps for a while. My impression is that they are pretty darn quiet. All I hear are the return pump and skimmer. We have the pumps mounted on the back of the tank which I believe is 1/2" thick glass. We talked to a hobbyist the other day who had a noise issue which was solved by repositioning the pump. I've heard of one other instance of noise which I referred to AI for support yesterday.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

ReefOn55thDubai

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I love the pumps, however I have had the issue when you run intense Pulse (or unfortunate powerful changes in the Random program) - that the unit itself pulled off the inside magnet, and I had a pump blowing pulses at 10.000 L/hr all over the place.
They should definitely have used slightly stronger magnets.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back