Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Nero3 and a few other smaller items got stolen off my porch while they were sitting in a plastic tote. I was going to clean them today, and went out to find the entire tote has been taken. I posted on my local forum and someone mentioned having an MP-60 stolen from their store which ended up being tracked. The people who stole it hooked it up to their reef link and ended up getting caught.

My Nero 3 is still connected to my Bluetooth. Is there any way to track it? Should I reach out to Aquaillumination? I know this may be a long-shot.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Not woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Nero3 and a few other smaller items got stolen off my porch while they were sitting in a plastic tote. I was going to clean them today, and went out to find the entire tote has been taken. I posted on my local forum and someone mentioned having an MP-60 stolen from their store which ended up being tracked. The people who stole it hooked it up to their reef link and ended up getting caught.

My Nero 3 is still connected to my Bluetooth. Is there any way to track it? Should I reach out to Aquaillumination? I know this may be a long-shot.
What a strange thing to steal. It’s a long shot but I’d contact AI. I’d put another tub out front with some live rock covered in Dinos and invasive hitchhikers.

Not woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a strange thing to steal. It’s a long shot but I’d contact AI. I’d put another tub out front with some live rock covered in Dinos and invasive hitchhikers.
In all seriousness, I don’t have theft problems, But security systems are relatively cheap to do nowadays. I have a doorbell camera and 2 solar powered cameras that connect to an app. Absolutely no wires on those cameras. I think I bought the 2 cameras refurbished for $70 a piece and the doorbell cam for $100. Eufy makes them. If nothing else, deters most people from trying anything.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s weird the device should have a mac address which could be tracked to a new account when it is registered for use by the thief. As long as you know the MAC address. I would try them again
It has already been a while now, and I spoke with an AI higher up when I had called. They said there was nothing they could do.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Corals.com

jda

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you get too much into the cameras, all that you get on them is people in hoodies with their hands over their faces or looking away. Having one is fine to track the honest people, your kids or maybe some packages, but if you think that you are going to get a thief, save your money. If this gets sold, it won't be anywhere near you.

I had a Cat stolen out of one of our cars. Three people. They waved at the camera. Cannot tell who they are, what gender they are or even how tall. These folks know what they are doing.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly everyone I greatly appreciate the help, but this is slightly my fault. I don't have a lot of money + I rent and live in not the best part of town. I really should not have had any equipment sitting on my porch. We have had a couple random items taken before, and I should have known something like this could have happened. I also largely suspect just some bum or thief taking it not knowing what they have. I doubt a hobbyist would ever do such a thing. I really hope not. Hopefully I can get out of this neighborhood sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on Craigslist and fb marketplace. Good chance it'll pop up for sale there.
I have been, but I kind of gave up a couple weeks ago. Somone 10 mins from me posted a used Nero for sale. I instantly messaged them but they were nice and showed me how they have been selling items from their last aquarium the past few months. They even showed me a photo of the Nero in the last aquarium.. I realized at that moment even if I do find the person selling it theres no way I can prove its mine, no way I could get it from them, etc..

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you get too much into the cameras, all that you get on them is people in hoodies with their hands over their faces or looking away. Having one is fine to track the honest people, your kids or maybe some packages, but if you think that you are going to get a thief, save your money. If this gets sold, it won't be anywhere near you.

I had a Cat stolen out of one of our cars. Three people. They waved at the camera. Cannot tell who they are, what gender they are or even how tall. These folks know what they are doing.
I'm sorry that happened to you and sorry for your cat, that is really sad. There are certainly some people who are just bad people, however I like to think that a camera would at least make a half-sane person think twice.
Around where I live though the town and surrounding towns are relatively small and people are frequently caught from old pixelated camera footage based off clothing, body shape, vehicle type, etc.. just based off everyone knowing someone well enough around here. Cameras are so cheap these days it certainly wouldn't hurt anything

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back