Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a pair of brand new Neptune Wavs and not only are they way louder than I would’ve expected, but they both also make a high pitched ringing sound. I’ve searched and see some old threads about it but nothing recent. Anyone else have this issue?
One thing I noticed is that they even make the noise when free floating, but the weird thing is, the further from the glass I hold them the quieter they get. In this video I demonstrate what I mean and you can hear the noise and the ringing. Problem is now I don’t know what to do, I’m afraid BRS will make me take it up with Neptune instead of just exchanging them or giving me a refund. I really want these things to work but I can’t live with the ringing.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
CLICK TO VIEW

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize the original post was from a week ago so this probably doesn't help, but I've had two WAV pumps running since early December and they definitely don't make those noises. Mine are either silent or close enough that I cant hear them over my other equipment.

OP
OP
A

allen00se

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure out what this was?
I did not, I’m doing an RMA with BRS. They said they will test them in house and if they can reproduce the noise they will give me new ones, otherwise they will send them back to me and try to help me solve the issue. I have read others who say if you have the stand alone power supply there is no noise, but if you have them hooked to the apex via 1line then the noise is present. Not sure which method they will test with when I send them in.

Avast
OP
OP
A

allen00se

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize the original post was from a week ago so this probably doesn't help, but I've had two WAV pumps running since early December and they definitely don't make those noises. Mine are either silent or close enough that I cant hear them over my other equipment.
Are yours connected via 1line on the EB832 or to the stand alone module?

rhostam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had them on my AIO on the third floor I could hear the vibrations downstairs. Took me a minute to track down the source. I replaced them with Nero 3s since the WAVs were way overkill.

Now they are on the new build connected directly to an EB832. They are dead silent. At max I can hear a whirring noise and of course the water it’s moving. But I don’t run them any where near max dive my tank is predominantly LPS.

The only time o hear anything now is when a snail climbs on the cord and parks in between the cord and the glass. Annoying rattling sound.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had them on my AIO on the third floor I could hear the vibrations downstairs. Took me a minute to track down the source. I replaced them with Nero 3s since the WAVs were way overkill.

Now they are on the new build connected directly to an EB832. They are dead silent. At max I can hear a whirring noise and of course the water it’s moving. But I don’t run them any where near max dive my tank is predominantly LPS.

The only time o hear anything now is when a snail climbs on the cord and parks in between the cord and the glass. Annoying rattling sound.
I guess I'm even more glad that I didn't use the 1link module. I wouldn't have thought it would matter, and I'm guessing it probably shouldn't matter.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back