Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I near the completion of the set up of my new tank...I will be running the Neptune systems dissolved oxygen probe. It is a weird and big probe. Obviously, it is stupid expensive...so the market is limited. My question is, how do people have it installed in their sump? Are you just laying it on the bottom, dangling it, some sort of bracket? I cant find anything...any photos or advice would be much appreciated.

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't know anybody is running this.
I've seen ONE person, personally. They were breeding discus @ the time, thus the water parameters were stupid high & tight. Its actually what turned me onto an apex controller during my wilderness (freshwater years).

That probe IS the size of a modern toilet float, lol.

ca1ore

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran it for a while. Dangled it in the external box of my overflow. Works fine as long as you keep up with the membrane replacement. Kinda useless in my view though, I never actually took any action based on varied readings.

Avast
OP
OP
E

EL_Perron

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ran it for a while. Dangled it in the external box of my overflow. Works fine as long as you keep up with the membrane replacement. Kinda useless in my view though, I never actually took any action based on varied readings.
That will just be on my normal maintenance stuff...nothing a reminder wont help keep me honest on.

I have it for 2 reasons...Im an information junkie, so I like it from that aspect...but I will also be running ozone and from my understanding, its a positive thing to have.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
PremiumAquatics.com
Back