Neptune dos/ghl maxi doser replacement pump tubing source?

Neptune

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being visually challenged I can’t measure what the dimensions are of the pump tubing. A whole head is like forty bones and seems to be wasteful as the cap doesn’t wear. Just the roller assembly, which avast sells for cheap, and the tubing. I found a couple websites that sell precut tubing for the ghl maxi which has the same head as the dos, but shipping is prohibitive. Anyone have a link for either bulk or precut tubing from a source that is reasonable like Amazon or a vendor that has other supplies that I could hit the free shipping mark like BRS, salt water aquarium, marine and reef or similar? Thanks….I did search if it’s been brought up before but I couldn’t find anything.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

saltyfins

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being visually challenged I can’t measure what the dimensions are of the pump tubing. A whole head is like forty bones and seems to be wasteful as the cap doesn’t wear. Just the roller assembly, which avast sells for cheap, and the tubing. I found a couple websites that sell precut tubing for the ghl maxi which has the same head as the dos, but shipping is prohibitive. Anyone have a link for either bulk or precut tubing from a source that is reasonable like Amazon or a vendor that has other supplies that I could hit the free shipping mark like BRS, salt water aquarium, marine and reef or similar? Thanks….I did search if it’s been brought up before but I couldn’t find anything.
I literally just ordered this yesterday, from BRS, as GHL charges more for shipping than I paid for the product.

OP
OP
A

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally just ordered this yesterday, from BRS, as GHL charges more for shipping than I paid for the product.
I only found the kit for the ghl maxi 2 on the BRS site. I found the kit for the original maxi which is the same head as the dos, from what I think is ghl and the shipping is ridiculous!

All_talk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is the right stuff: https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=25399&catid=864

Referenced in a couple of threads:

FYI, there have been reports of the plastic cap/housing cracking after time. I suspect the heads could be rebuilt a time or two but will need to be replaced eventually.

OP
OP
A

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is the right stuff: https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=25399&catid=864

Referenced in a couple of threads:

FYI, there have been reports of the plastic cap/housing cracking after time. I suspect the heads could be rebuilt a time or two but will need to be replaced eventually.
Oh man, thanks for providing a direct link. I’m relatively new to not seeing enough to read and use a screen reader. It’s freaking impossible to navigate and sort through threads to find things especially when a lot of comments are not on target. I had attempted to read those threads when I searched but gave up when people were talking about rodi tubing and John guest fittings. Thanks a million! I’m going to order that up now along with rollers from avast

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RED SEA
Back