+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm running the Neptune cor 20 by itself, and it's flashing red and not turning on. I have no idea why. it looks like it's the second dot that is flashing, so I tried another outlet on a different power strip, and nothing is changing. I have no idea what the deal is, and everything else on my tank is working perfectly. What should I do? It's so late at night and I have no other pump.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's stand alone, and it's flashing the second dot. Sometimes it turns on for a few seconds, then turns off, and flashes. Everything else is working. No idea what's happening.

AS

Tcook

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was from another thread. Says second light is over voltage. Have you shut it down/unplugged it for 5-10 minutes and try a restart?

• An error condition exists. When the status LED is red, one of the LEDs of 8- LED bar will flash to indicate the specific issue detected. The COR driver has detected an overcurrent condition (LED #1, #4, or #5 may be flashing) This may indicate that the pump’s intake is blocked or a foreign object is preventing the impeller from rotating . The input power voltage is too high (LED #2 will be flashing) The input power voltage is low (LED #3 will be flashing) The COR pump is running while dry or out of water (LED #6 will be flashing) The internal temperature of the pump is high (LED #7 will be flashing)

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was from another thread. Says second light is over voltage. Have you shut it down/unplugged it for 5-10 minutes and try a restart?

• An error condition exists. When the status LED is red, one of the LEDs of 8- LED bar will flash to indicate the specific issue detected. The COR driver has detected an overcurrent condition (LED #1, #4, or #5 may be flashing) This may indicate that the pump’s intake is blocked or a foreign object is preventing the impeller from rotating . The input power voltage is too high (LED #2 will be flashing) The input power voltage is low (LED #3 will be flashing) The COR pump is running while dry or out of water (LED #6 will be flashing) The internal temperature of the pump is high (LED #7 will be flashing)
Yea I have tried unplugging and everything and it turns on, starts pumping, and goes directly back to flashing read and turns the flow off. No idea what happened.

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you need a new driver. Email neptune. I have gotten responses from them at odd hours. Maybe someone will respond tonight.
I've got an email out to them.. and I've noticed if I turn the power from 60% down to about 30% it works so far. Hoping for the best.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from the COR Standalone User Guide:

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 8.18.13 PM.png

See page 9: https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/COR_Standalone_User_Guide.pdf

Nutramar Foods
Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back