Neptune Apex Issue *AGAIN* *Help*

Paul Kachirsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
so a few months ago my system had a failure when water got on a 24v cable and fried the IC on the top board of the 2016 base unit. I got that fixed and was back up after I reinstalled the board, took the sd card out and reinstalled and replaced the wifi dongle.

Last night I noticed my status lights on the EB832s and Trident blinking. OH NO! Here we go again. No water issues, it just decided to have an issue. I took the head unit apart, pulled the SD card out and reinstalled. I also plugged it into my computer to see if it was damaged and needed repairing, nothing there. Also, the status lights on the apex a2 are going from Green, purple and orange. It goes from not being connected to fusion to being connected to fusion, just keeps cycling. However, when it is connected none of the sliders on my dashboard to doing anything to the EB832s, so something isn't right. Also, some of the outlets are showing power and some aren't. I had to plug in some equipment to a power strip so they would keep working since they weren't on the eb832. I do know that the power supply on there is an issue, but when this happened to me a few months ago the eb832s were doing the same thing and once things fixed on the head unit, the eb832s were working as they should without replacing the power supplies. So I am thinking its not that. I did hear the system reboot a couple of times and what was interesting was outlets that were still working when the issue first started last night stopped working after the reboots.

I have read that this could be a hardware issue with the SD card? Is this true? But the card showed no issues on my pc. I am confused. I did test the wifi dongle on my pc as well and it was working, slow, but working. Oh, when I plug in the ethernet cable the status lights blinks blue rapidly. And one of the eb832s when I have the aquabus cable plugged in one of the outlets turns on, then off, then on, then off, it keeps cycling. I am trying to put down what I remember. I dont see any fired circuits on the apex head unit boards.

For some reason the system decided to fail and I have no idea why. Can you assist in some of the troubleshooting I should try next? Everything is out of warranty. Thanks in advance for your time.

OG post from June https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/neptune-apex-system-fried.1058171/#post-12605123

@SuncrestReef
@_AV

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul Kachirsky

Paul Kachirsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
earlier today the status light was also showing white, yellow, light blue along with the green purple and orange. Last night it also went red a few times.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back