+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I just wanted to share that there's a known hardware issue with the A3 Apex Pro. I contacted support. They ran a test and pegged it to the known issue which they labeled "Cross-Chip." I'm awaiting the replacement one which will be the second replacement in about 6 months. Recently, it would disconnect from Fusion. I would restart, get connected and within an hour, it would disconnect again. I have two DōS pumps for auto water change and kalkwasser dosing. From there it got worse:
DōS:
logs became blank
Advanced Setting with my code to avoid problems were deleted. I re-typed them several times and they would just keep disappearing.
Eventually one pump kept removing water even though I slid it to the Off setting. I had to unplug that pump.
The light/sound alarm I had connected to the 24V input turned on and wouldn't shut off.

I just hope the new one arrives (~$80 for Saturday shipping) before the Kalkwasswer pump goes haywire as well. To boot, I'm traveling for work next week! Not very happy that I had to pay $80 to get a broken product replaced. I can't even imagine the disaster if I had been away this week...

I hope I can save someone from having problems!
Thanks,
Hugo

Nutramar Foods

AKL1950

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that. Fortunately for me, mine went mustang while I was trying to turn off pumps for maintenance. Mine was still in warrantee, but still had to pay to ship it to them. They were very helpful and I got it back in two weeks. Good luck on getting things going again.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes others have had the same problem. It’s supposedly the sd card inside the unit that fails. I’ve posted and emailed several times about the need for a heartbeat type of alarm for this scenario as it erases all your programming and you won’t get any notifications even locally. The only way to know there is a problem is if you log into fusion and notice your graphs are missing which causes you to investigate. Maybe if enough of us complain about this they will update fusion or the software. They will send you a used apex if you pay for it and then refund you when they get yours. If out of warranty there is a video on YouTube on how to replace the internal 8gb sd card.

edit. In my case all outlets locked in whatever state they were in when the memory failed. So lights stayed on 24/7, carx solenoid stayed on 24/7, no automated feed modes, heaters stayed off 24/7, chiller stayed off 24/7, skimmer stayed on 24/7 and did not shutdown when the cup overfilled, however my dos units and wavs continued to function as they must have internal memory. I didn’t catch that anything was wrong for a few days. Could have lost everything but I was lucky.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I just wanted to share that there's a known hardware issue with the A3 Apex Pro. I contacted support. They ran a test and pegged it to the known issue which they labeled "Cross-Chip." I'm awaiting the replacement one which will be the second replacement in about 6 months. Recently, it would disconnect from Fusion. I would restart, get connected and within an hour, it would disconnect again. I have two DōS pumps for auto water change and kalkwasser dosing. From there it got worse:
DōS:
logs became blank
Advanced Setting with my code to avoid problems were deleted. I re-typed them several times and they would just keep disappearing.
Eventually one pump kept removing water even though I slid it to the Off setting. I had to unplug that pump.
The light/sound alarm I had connected to the 24V input turned on and wouldn't shut off.

I just hope the new one arrives (~$80 for Saturday shipping) before the Kalkwasswer pump goes haywire as well. To boot, I'm traveling for work next week! Not very happy that I had to pay $80 to get a broken product replaced. I can't even imagine the disaster if I had been away this week...

I hope I can save someone from having problems!
Thanks,
Hugo

I purchased my Apex Jr during the black friday sales event. Last week, it did exactly like you described so i contacted Neptune. The base unit would reboot every hour. They sent me a replacement unit .

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Geo's Reef
Back