Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had just about enough trouble with anemones getting into my powerheads, so I finally decided to make a cover for them. Does anyone see an issue with this design? I'm planning to clear out most of my corals and start going for a nem-dominated display instead, so I will want to be sure that they are all safe.

IMG_20230204_132450.jpg

World Wide Corals

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had just about enough trouble with anemones getting into my powerheads, so I finally decided to make a cover for them. Does anyone see an issue with this design? I'm planning to clear out most of my corals and start going for a nem-dominated display instead, so I will want to be sure that they are all safe.

View attachment 3006489
Seems like you got it about right. You only need to cover the pump inlet. The way you have it now might be covering the outlet as well and cutting down on flow.

OP
OP
bradleym

bradleym

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like you got it about right. You only need to cover the pump inlet. The way you have it now might be covering the outlet as well and cutting down on flow.
Thank you for the astute observation! I agree, the flow is lower than it was, and I had to turn it up a bit. I can't figure out how to cover the inlet on something like this without just wrapping the whole thing.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the astute observation! I agree, the flow is lower than it was, and I had to turn it up a bit. I can't figure out how to cover the inlet on something like this without just wrapping the whole thing.
Is it possible to cut out windows over the outlet of the pump? An Exacto knife makes a good tool to carefully cut the plastic mesh without hacking up the plastic pump cover underneath.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral-vault.com
Back