• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Negative Experience with Top Shelf Aquatics

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

NigeltheBold

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stumbled upon Top Shelf Aquatics' extended cyber Monday sale the other day, and found a couple of WYSIWYG frags that I wanted to buy. So I put them in my cart and bought them. During the checkout process, I had to select a shipping date. The nearest shipping date was an entire month away. I figured this was to allow for custom-cut frags some healing time before shipping, and that WYSIWYG frags would ship much sooner because they don't need to heal or anything. So I went ahead and placed the order.

Later that evening, I noticed that TSA had a chat support box on their website, so I asked about the long shipping date and whether it applied to WYSIWYG orders. They said that due to the sale, they were flooded with orders and wouldn't be able to ship mine for a month, even though the frags were ready to ship. No big deal, I thought I would just cancel the order because I'd rather not wait a month for a couple of WYSIWYG frags. So I immediately sent them an email (this was about 5 hours after placing the order) asking to please cancel the order because I didn't want to wait a month for shipping. The next day they responded and said that they can't cancel the order as per their store policy.

Since I only ordered WYSIWYG frags, and they hadn't been processed or shipped (they wouldn't be for a few more weeks), there's no reason why this order can't be cancelled. If it was a custom cut order, or if they had already started packing my frags, I would completely understand why they wouldn't cancel the order. But they said they have to treat all orders the same, and it "wouldn't be fair" to cancel my order. I think that's a ridiculous excuse just to keep my money. I sent a couple more emails back and forth to try to get my money back, but the best they could do was to give me store credit. I don't want store credit, I want my money back. This could've been an easy situation to resolve, but they refused. Needless to say, I'll be taking my business elsewhere next time.

CLICK TO VIEW
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back