Needing some help on finding a hanging kit!

Traviitrav

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HTB1MlnShNrI8KJjy0Fpq6z5hVXaX.jpg

I'm in a dilemma here - I am not able to hang the lights from my ceiling so I am wanting to do something on the lines of this. My tank is 72 inches long (Or 182.88cm) and for the life of me I cannot find a kit that will fit the length of my tank! Does anyone know of a website I can find them on or are the ideas someone has to be able to achieve this?

AS

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 2376202

I'm in a dilemma here - I am not able to hang the lights from my ceiling so I am wanting to do something on the lines of this. My tank is 72 inches long (Or 182.88cm) and for the life of me I cannot find a kit that will fit the length of my tank! Does anyone know of a website I can find them on or are the ideas someone has to be able to achieve this?

Local metal fab shop could probably whip you up something. T-slot Aluminum would work as well. Is your tank Eurobraced or rimless?

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Traviitrav

Traviitrav

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen some where people have basically used TV wall mounts to hang their lights that looked good.
I have been looking into the idea of putting a shelf above the tank so it’s 1: hangable from there 2: extra storage if needed. My worry is finding a shelf that comes out enough to make the lighting center to the tank

Nutramar Foods

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this look! Would a mounting option like that work on a non peninsula tank?

Ofcourse it would, don't get me wrong, it can be a fair bit of work involved. But to me it was worth it. Basically the back is a sheet of 3/4" plywood that was screwed directly into the studs, which let me mount the rail exactly where I wanted to. Painted and finished to match the stand.

HeyJay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have access to the back of the stand, it's cheap and easy to make some hanging arms with metal conduit from the hardware store and attach them behind the stand, especially if you have access to a conduit bender

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SR
Back