Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys so I was told I needed to upgrade my lighting and after doing alot of reading what I came up with is the nicrew hyperreef 100w with led controller.

so then now my next question would be on a 36 bowfront, I have 6 clowns, a white anemone that I’ve had for forever, a purple anemone and a long tip green anemone, 1 double headed Duncan coral and 2 frags of multiple headed zoo’s what would you set the lighting too, and as far are the ramp times and intensities what would y’all suggest on a setup like this

image.jpg

Nutramar Foods

HighlandReef

Chalice Monger
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a 100 watt led fixture I'd run the blues at 100% and the whites at whatever color tint you like in the tank.

No offense but I would highly recommend against this strategy.
I general, led lighting is very powerful and running leds at 100% is a great way to cook your corals.

andrew whitaker - do you have something along the lines of a killawatt power meter to see exactly how many watts that light is actually pulling for each channel?
Reason I ask, these black box leds tend to be a little overrated, a lot of the ones advertised 165w range black box leds are not actually pulling 165w.
The ones I have tested, Viparspectra, wills, mars aqua,etc. are actually about 55 watts per channel.
Be carful with how much you are turning up your led lights!
For example, my mars aqua led’s that I have running over my 40 breeder frag tank, are only set to 15w blue channel, 5 watt white channel.
This gives me just over 100par on the sand bed. Plenty for my mixed reef.

so be careful when setting up led lighting, you pretty much need a par meter to adjust properly. If you don’t have one, chances are someone I. Your area probably does.
Reach out and see if you can borrow or rent one from LFS. Some LFS will rent them out.

AS

spawn79

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Telegraham from youtube and insta has done several tests on the Nicrew lights. Par, wattage and spectrum are actually pretty good with these it seems.
The above poster is spot on however. It's always best to try and test your own setup as much as possible. Every tank and setup is different and you can't rely on numbers from one to apply to another completely unfortunately.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back