Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna order some copepods tomorrow to culture for my mandarins. So I need some suggestions to what would be the best to get to culture for them.
Where are you getting them. Check out @Eldredge here in R2R. I got Tisbe, Apocyclops, and Tigriopsis pods from him to start my own cultures. He also set me up with phyto to culture to feed them. Great service, very helpful, and he knows their micron size and what they feed. I use all three for multiple reasons.

OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you getting them. Check out @Eldredge here in R2R. I got Tisbe, Apocyclops, and Tigriopsis pods from him to start my own cultures. He also set me up with phyto to culture to feed them. Great service, very helpful, and he knows their micron size and what they feed. I use all three for multiple reasons.
I’ve been doing the tigger pods from my lfs, I was doing the culture from Poseidon. The last batch didn’t have much in it so I went ahead and put them in the display for my mandarins.

Top Shelf Aquatics

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been doing the tigger pods from my lfs, I was doing the culture from Poseidon. The last batch didn’t have much in it so I went ahead and put them in the display for my mandarins.
If you haven’t ordered them yet check Dave out. Don’t know him except I purchased from him and when ready to start my own he was super helpful.
Here is his thread. Plus if you don’t think he sent you a fair amount his post says he will make it right.
I started mine sometime around March 24th with a 12 Oz bottle of each and harvested 1/2 gallon from each culture last week. Ready to harvest again.

OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t ordered them yet check Dave out. Don’t know him except I purchased from him and when ready to start my own he was super helpful.
Here is his thread. Plus if you don’t think he sent you a fair amount his post says he will make it right.
I started mine sometime around March 24th with a 12 Oz bottle of each and harvested 1/2 gallon from each culture last week. Ready to harvest again.
That looks like a phytoplankton culture. I’m looking for copepods

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

lynn.reef.nerd

Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutramar Foods

Jay'sReefBugs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was asking on what copepods are best and good to keep in the culture tank to breed
Oh gotcha . I always recommend A cyclops Variant or tisbe in your situation as they always seem to stick in most reef system's. They have the highest reproductive rate among most consumer grade copepods and they don't stick out like a Tig copepod would .

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
dirty_south87

dirty_south87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh gotcha . I always recommend A cyclops Variant or tisbe in your situation as they always seem to stick in most reef system's. They have the highest reproductive rate among most consumer grade copepods and they don't stick out like a Tig copepod would .
I did end up ordering a variety pack from brs it I will keep in mind for the next order I do will be specific to what you suggest. I wanna breed several kinds but wanted to know what would be best.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back