Need help with order of introduction of fish

rob1976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
My WB 176 frag tank is done cycling and I was wondering which 4 fish to add first and which ones last. Just would like anyone’s opinion on the order. Obviously my tangs would be last. Also, I will remove two of the bigger fish on the list just not sure which ones yet thanks

Here is my list:
2 black storm clowns
Yellow tang
White cheek
Blue throat trigger
Copperband
Choat wrasse
Melanarus wrasse
Mimic saddle puffer
Yellow boxfish
Flame hawkfish
Regal Angel
Potters Angel
Moorish Idol

OP
OP
R

rob1976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
My WB 176 frag tank is done cycling and I was wondering which 4 fish to add first and which ones last. Just would like anyone’s opinion on the order. Obviously my tangs would be last. Also, I will remove two of the bigger fish on the list just not sure which ones yet thanks

Here is my list:
2 black storm clowns
Yellow tang
White cheek
Blue throat trigger
Copperband
Choat wrasse
Melanarus wrasse
Mimic saddle puffer
Yellow boxfish
Flame hawkfish
Regal Angel
Potters Angel
Moorish Idol
I was thinking the black storm clowns, flame hawk and blue throat trigger. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
R

rob1976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggers are VERY aggressive. Same with puffers. I’m not sure that list will work well tbh but if I were going to add them I would add those two last.
Really? Blue triggers are pretty mellow…and the pufferfish is actually a filefish which are also very calm

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Really? Blue triggers are pretty mellow…and the pufferfish is actually a filefish which are also very calm
They’re greedy while feeding which can be problematic. Is it possible that the specimen you get is fine? Sure. Is it possible it isn’t? Very possible. At any rate, usually good to add them last so everyone else has had a chance to establish a territory and pecking order.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back