Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I have two bubbletip. One is a rose and the other is a rainbow. All of my fish/feather dusters/crustaceans are doing excellent. But the anemones not so much. The rose bubble tip is going a little better as it is bubbling once in a while and stretches out it's tentacles sometimes. But other times it looks horrible and it's tentacles go back in. So it's an off and on cycle for that one and he doesn't move, so I know he's happy with it's location. Just doesn't look the best. Now, the rainbow on the other hand had trouble acclimating from day one. But I put him in the tank it's been over a month and surprisingly it's still alive, but it never stays still and I know it's not happy. It never bubbles and I rarely see it's tentacles. My Rose LOVES being fed and has a great feeding response. But the rainbow has no feeding responsive with the brine shrimp/mysis shrimp frozen mix. I'm getting VERY frustrated as I keep doing water changes sometimes so I can lower my nitrate/nitrite lvls. Are feather duster worms more hardier than btas? Cause I'm having NO LUCK with them... And I really want to ... My water parameters are better now. But I just don't get it. My clownfish is hosting the rose but not the rainbow. I just want to give up:( I posted pictures in my comments the right picture is my rose and the left bad looking one is the rainbow.

IMG_20230313_224250_1.jpg IMG_20230313_224232.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
V

Viamustang1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see any coralline algae or any algae on the glass and suspect your tank is just not mature enough to support anemones yet.
This is what I don't understand... They say anemones need clean water ... I did have algae. And dentrites, I just cleaned them. But the tank is about 6 months old, and Im frustrated because people say that you NEED very clean water for anemones and some day that they keep there anemones in 50 nitrate lvls. And there ammonia is a little high. So how can you have no ammonia, and little to none nitrates/nitrites when you have algae and waste? That's what I don't get.

OP
OP
V

Viamustang1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I don't understand... They say anemones need clean water ... I did have algae. And dentrites, I just cleaned them. But the tank is about 6 months old, and Im frustrated because people say that you NEED very clean water for anemones and some day that they keep there anemones in 50 nitrate lvls. And there ammonia is a little high. So how can you have no ammonia, and little to none nitrates/nitrites when you have algae and waste? That's what I don't get.
Everytime I see algae, I get a little nervous because, that is what also contributes to bad water quality right?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
V

Viamustang1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is your lighting like
what type of water do you use (ro tap rodi)
Oh reverse osmosis and stuff... I didn't really look into that stuff? Is it a lot better than declorinating the water your self and stuff? More expensive? If I don't know I'll probably just stick with feather dusters and fish lol. No nems or coral if I keep failing

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh reverse osmosis and stuff... I didn't really look into that stuff? Is it a lot better than declorinating the water your self and stuff? More expensive? If I don't know I'll probably just stick with feather dusters and fish lol. No nems or coral if I keep failing
This is where I would start if you want them get an rodi cheap one off Amazon with tds checker and make sure your getting 0ppm

FlowGod

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look into a rodi unit. They run around 130 bucks which sounds like a lot but its so nice being able to pump clean water anytime you need and no dechlorine drops. In my opinion the biggest thing to keep anemones is the spectrum/spread/intensity of the lights you have. I really recommend a led brand like kessil, aqua illumination, ecotech, orphek. But I think I would start with the rodi unit first. Our tap water has a lot more chemicals than just chorine that corals and inverts don't like

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank and what brand light? I got a Bta and it wasn’t super happy the first couple of weeks. I started using purified water from the grocery store (it says purified using reverse osmosis) and got some T5 flaurescents used locally for real cheap and it is way happier now

FlowGod

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank and what brand light? I got a Bta and it wasn’t super happy the first couple of weeks. I started using purified water from the grocery store (it says purified using reverse osmosis) and got some T5 flaurescents used locally for real cheap and it is way happier now
Heck yeah. My nems and I love our t5's too

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
V

Viamustang1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look into a rodi unit. They run around 130 bucks which sounds like a lot but its so nice being able to pump clean water anytime you need and no dechlorine drops. In my opinion the biggest thing to keep anemones is the spectrum/spread/intensity of the lights you have. I really recommend a led brand like kessil, aqua illumination, ecotech, orphek. But I think I would start with the rodi unit first. Our tap water has a lot more chemicals than just chorine that corals and inverts don't like
So is a canister any good? I know it's a filtration system... But, can I just have a rodi unit instead?

OP
OP
V

Viamustang1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, around 6 months alot of those plastic tank decorations, like the ones you have , start to deteriorate in salt water, this could be leeching any number of things into your water.
That's what I heard... But, kinda too late now unless I take those completely out and start over lol.

OP
OP
V

Viamustang1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm. I have a 40 gal tank. I might try that water...

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back