Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this Anemone since the beginning 3+ years and she has grown to 16" with no signs of stopping. I have tried once to remove her before but my OG clown fish went on suicide watch. The Nem has split once and passed eggs once. For the last year and a half all she does is grow. I have tried feeding her every day for a week to see if she would split but she just got bigger.
I really need to have her split as Nemo and I are very fond of her however the surrounding corals are not happy with her home invasions. I don't want to cut her for fear she might perish. I would prefer a stress split over cutting. How can I get the Nem to split? Will placing her in a 10 gallon tank with new water and no light do the trick? I have heard Po4 addition to the new tank might work. Any thoughts or success stories would be appreciated.

IMG_E1625.JPG

525 liter
IMG_1630.JPG
Salfin is 6"

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this Anemone since the beginning 3+ years and she has grown to 16" with no signs of stopping. I have tried once to remove her before but my OG clown fish went on suicide watch. The Nem has split once and passed eggs once. For the last year and a half all she does is grow. I have tried feeding her every day for a week to see if she would split but she just got bigger.
I really need to have her split as Nemo and I are very fond of her however the surrounding corals are not happy with her home invasions. I don't want to cut her for fear she might perish. I would prefer a stress split over cutting. How can I get the Nem to split? Will placing her in a 10 gallon tank with new water and no light do the trick? I have heard Po4 addition to the new tank might work. Any thoughts or success stories would be appreciated.

View attachment 3033410
I only had my rose split when in super high light, or ovefeeding. It split from the stress on multiple occasions.

Corals.com
OP
OP
Coinzmans Reef

Coinzmans Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only had my rose split when in super high light, or ovefeeding. It split from the stress on multiple occasions.
She loves the light. She gets right to the top of the tank and basks in the four Reef Led 90's light and loves crazy flow, go figure. The only great thing is she never moves on her own.

CLICK TO VIEW
Nutramar Foods

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you suggesting a longer duration two weeks or until she stops eating or splits. What food do you suggest cause clearly fresh shrimp is not doing it.
Whole silversides. And feed it right after it regurgitates and looks ready for more.

Your nem looks like it could eat a whole pack at once LOL.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to rehome just get it to stress split so I can add one part back to the DT and give the clone away.
If its made into an established holding tank it should be fine. Just blast it with light too.

Fwiw everytime i get a new mushroom or nem i place it in a dish high up in my tank and it always splits.

This is how i was getting my OG bounce to split every month.

High light coupled with stress from new enviornment....

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Coinzmans Reef

Coinzmans Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update,

After the split I removed the larger one to the sump floating in a colander with light and added some extra flow. I was letting him heal and feeding twice a week. I was on my way to bring him to the LFS today as they have a large Nem and Nemo display tank, however I noticed he is well underway of splitting again.

Go figure, at least I know how to get him to split now going forward.

all the advice has been appreciated, thank you.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RC
Back