Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a starry blenny and two fangs and a long spine urchin my tank is also only 75 so I can’t get rabbit fish
If you feed less, the blenny will look for other food and perhaps find the algae.
I got a filefish for aptasia that wouldn't do his job until other food was less available.

Privateye

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that the nitrate and phosphate readings would be essential information. I also second the skimmer idea if you don't already have one. They can work wonders.

Privateye

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good ol' API kits. "It's 5ish10ish20ish" lol. I use them too though. So you have some notable nitrate, but nothing too insane. How about the skimmer? It would probably help a bit with the removal since proteins contain nitrogen. Especially combined with some brushing. How deep is the sand? I like to keep 2-3 inches in most tanks to allow for some denitrification. There are other ways to promote it, but it's a simple one.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave Logo Banner

Privateye

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY skimmers with air stones tend to skim extra wet, or unreliably, but all skimmers need some attention from time to time and the price is right. I have a little Eshopps in-tank skimmer in my 20 gallon. It attaches by magnet and does a great job if the prefilter stays clean. A Coralife Super Skimmer handles my 90 gallon and it's in the sump. I ran it as a hang-on for a couple of years, but after a snail or two crawled up the return pipe and it overflowed, I moved it to the sump.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Your Reef
Back