Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I’m looking to stock my 90 gallon tank with coral in fish. I already have
1 gsp
1 duncan
1xenia
1 devil hand leather
1 toadstool leather
1 favia
1 gontipora
1 candy cane
2 sets of zoanthids
1 mushroom.
1 clown
1 Montipora that won’t grow
1 lavender tang who I am looking to get rid of I just don’t know how
1 puffer.
Everyone is reef safe. And ready. I’m working on a DIY sump right now. It’s 95% done. Just want to stock my tank now and make it look nice, does anyone have any ideas?

image.jpg

lulubap

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of puffer do you have? Whatever the answer, I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's aggressive enough to be placed with ancanthurus tang like your lavender. I'd say perhaps a swallowtail hawk? One of the tougher damsels like dominos could also work.

OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of puffer do you have? Whatever the answer, I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's aggressive enough to be placed with ancanthurus tang like your lavender. I'd say perhaps a swallowtail hawk? One of the tougher damsels like dominos could also work.
To bid honest I have no idea. I got him over a year ago now. if I had the hawk, is it ok to add other fish after him. I would like to get a wrasse and a yellow tang 100%. the wrasse will be the last fish since they get territorial but everything else. Do you have any ideas for corals?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

lulubap

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To bid honest I have no idea. I got him over a year ago now. if I had the hawk, is it ok to add other fish after him. I would like to get a wrasse and a yellow tang 100%. the wrasse will be the last fish since they get territorial but everything else. Do you have any ideas for corals?
your lavender tang, being an acanthurus, is one of the more aggressive tang genuses. if it started to attack your yellow once its placed, i wouldn't be surprised. depending on what wrasse you get, they may or may not be as territorial as you think. what wrasse are you thinking of getting?

i run empty when it comes to corals, sorry. but if you're already stocking in the euphyllia group, i suppose a torch wouldn't hurt. a fungia genus coral would also look nice on your lower rock. I've read that they're not too demanding.

OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your lavender tang, being an acanthurus, is one of the more aggressive tang genuses. if it started to attack your yellow once its placed, i wouldn't be surprised. depending on what wrasse you get, they may or may not be as territorial as you think. what wrasse are you thinking of getting?

i run empty when it comes to corals, sorry. but if you're already stocking in the euphyllia group, i suppose a torch wouldn't hurt. a fungia genus coral would also look nice on your lower rock. I've read that they're not too demanding.
I had actually bought a blue hippo tang but it got badly beat up by my clown and lavender a lot. And then started getting diseases. Melaruss wrasse not sure how to spell it. I had one a while ago but it died and got sucked into a wave maker. I would love to get rid of the lavender that way I can have more coral in my tank and make it pop rather than his coral just being bland. He’s nice but not colorful.

Aluco

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasse gets chased away by ocellaris clown

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Aluco

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Torch is a nice idea. I added a frogspawn polyp too recently and they are very pretty with nice movement

Aluco

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s weird. my clown has been with a wrasse before but everyone was fine. I’m only worried about my lavender tang
Not too weird they are in quarantine right now and the clown has become territorial over some pvc pipe. The wrasse just can't be bothered so he just swims away

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too weird they are in quarantine right now and the clown has become territorial over some pvc pipe. The wrasse just can't be bothered so he just swims away
my clown sits in the corner and wanders around over there, he has got territorial about that. my lavender is just aggressive now and my puffer could care less. my mainly my fish stay on one side of the tank do you know why?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back