Need help determining best filter roller for WB sump.

TheWyatt174

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I am trying to find a solution to replace my filter socks. I have a Water Box 175.6 Frag and the layout of the sump is different from normal sumps. The design from what I can tell makes it less compatible with any of the reefmat models from red sea. The 1200 is simply to wide to fit in the filter sock chamber but that is not the main problem. The sump has a back wall chamber to allow water to dump straight down from the drain into the sump then go left under the glass wall and up into the filter sock chamber. Worse case this chamber can be bypassed but I am worried that the water pressure in the reefmat would be too low or not able to get high enough to trigger the auto movement. I'll attach some pictures to get a better idea of what I mean. I would like to get a reefmat if possible, as I know its regarded as the best out there. I am just trying to figure out the best way to tie this in.
1725661685820.png

Any recommendations would be awesome!

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing my Kilr in cause I have it and love it. Installed on a very similar sump setup. Been running it for 5 years now

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back