Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought two clownfish two days ago already lost the one and now my other is laying in the sand on his side and appears to be breathing heavily. I know my water is fine I’ve tested twice in the last day but it is a new tank but I did add bacteria to the tank to ensure that I could add fish not quite sure what the problem is I put a air stone in the water I thought it might have been the problem but it’s been about 16 hours since then and he’s still breathing heavily I don’t know what to do I don’t want to lose my other clown

Top Shelf Aquatics

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought two clownfish two days ago already lost the one and now my other is laying in the sand on his side and appears to be breathing heavily. I know my water is fine I’ve tested twice in the last day but it is a new tank but I did add bacteria to the tank to ensure that I could add fish not quite sure what the problem is I put a air stone in the water I thought it might have been the problem but it’s been about 16 hours since then and he’s still breathing heavily I don’t know what to do I don’t want to lose my other clown
Photo might help. Not unusual clown behavior but should be fine in 45min- 1 hour. What is your temp and salinity and what is your ammonia and nitrate readings and how are you measuring these? What method of filtration are you using and what are you using to provide water movement and oxygen for your tank ?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sounds like you may have purchased diseased fish.

@vetteguy53081
@Jay Hemdal

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you qt them? This could be stress, he could be trying to get algae on sand to host him as they are weird animals. They will try to get hosted anywhere. Still photo might help...

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
other post answered reason why you want to keep to one post - You get conflicting answers all over the place

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back