Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am purchasing an Aqueon 65 gallon tank and am having a slight hang up on the stand. The tank has a foot print of 36.4"x18.4" but the stand I am looking at is listed as 36"x18". https://angelfins.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28310_28361&products_id=4306 this is the stand in question (Aqualantis Elegance Stand 36x18). One review on a smaller size mentioned it was about a half inch bigger than the stated dimensions but I don't want to just trust that alone. The guy at my lfs didn't have any in stock we could measure (he reached out to sales rep) but every other stand I have looked at is marketed as being 36"x18". They will then state they are made for a 40 breeder for example with similar dimensions to mine. I'm new to the hobby so maybe this is just common knowledge the stands are slightly bigger than the dimensions listed but any help from someone with this stand or who knows the true dimensions would be apreciated.

On a side note any other stands that are around that price range I could look at? The other options offered by my lfs were seapora empress and monarch stands but the monarch stand will look very, very out of place and the empress stand not so much but read tons of bad reviews plus its only 27" tall.

BRS

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm sorry I don’t have your answer but just speculating here. The tank was measured by you right? so those are your dimensions listed? Does aqueon list the tank as 36x18 like the stand? for marketing maybe.

OP
OP
bert236

bert236

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm sorry I don’t have your answer but just speculating here. The tank was measured by you right? so those are your dimensions listed? Does aqueon list the tank as 36x18 like the stand? for marketing maybe.
No that is the listed measurement on multiple sites for the tank. Aqueon lists their stand for the tank as being 36x18 but since its their stand I would imagine they are rounding down there since it says it fits the 40 breeder and 65 and they are both slightly bigger than those dimensions. I think I should be fine but just wanting to make sure before I order it.

AS
OP
OP
bert236

bert236

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to get in touch with the store and this was the response for anyone else looking at this stand. Their hours listed them as closed until Tuesday when I emailed them yesterday so glad they got back to me on a weekend.

We checked the box and the dimensions of the stand are 93cm x 47cm x 83 cm. when you convert it into inches it is 36.61 x 18.5 x 32.68 so it will fit your tank.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back