• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Nano Pink Tip Anemone

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This rock has about 3 or 4 of them on there (about 2"-3" in diameter each). I never feed them, and the multiply pretty quickly. Open to just about anything for trade!

NanoPinkTipAnemoneSmall.jpg

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these the same as majano?

Yes and no. They can spread like wildfire, but don't really bother corals (supposedly). I had a few in my tank, but my recent tank upgrade wiped out all but one, and he is next to my superman monti so he is going away real soon.

They can move from one day to the next and split pretty easily. They would be interesting to have in a nano as long as you kept their numbers under control. The biggest one I had was the size of a nickel (oral base) or a quarter with tentacles.

Top Shelf Aquatics

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had about a dozen on their own seperate rock not touching any other rock. just sitting in the sand.

after my tank move, i put them in the tank and they had a bit too much flow on them...about half detached and attached elsewhere. although i've only found 2 in other places...no clue where the others are.

have never seen any ill effects on other corals. even one sitting right next to some rics. i think they are really cool! :)

AquaCave Logo Banner

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I've never had them bother anything. My supposedly was a cautionary remark, (secret between me and you, but some people are crazy).

Tulip anemones do best in all types of light, but will show great colors under higher lighting. At least from my experience.

Steve, what do you have yours under?

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...when they were in my Prop tank (when I had one!) they were about 12" or so under a 150 W DE Phoenix 14K...and they (Tulips) looked like I had them plugged into a wall socket!

I took the picture I posted above today, and they are on the sand which is at least 30" directly under a 175W SE Ushio 10K...so they look just so-so.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tulips in trade as well, and they haven't stung anythign they are next to, to date. Plus, I like trading them to club members. I am also trying to propagate them on purpose atm in my refugium to scrub the water for me. I think they would do it as well or better than aiptasia, with less issues....

:D
Laurie

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

reefjon

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go into any lfs and ask if they have majano anemone lol! This is a pest anemone much like aiptasia that can spread very fast
It's funny, I've asked around some LFS in the area and they somehow happen to be Majano-free. Can't say the same for Aiptasia though haha

There's a store I found with these pink tipped ones, but they're asking $99, plus tax and then shipping. I will wait it out as I'm sure someone local must have them. Can't justify spending that much on something most reefers see as a pest.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back