Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a 20g reef tank and ultimately I want it to be set for success. I kinda wanna incorporate a star fish and maybe taking out the snails? Or a diamond watch goby to help the sand bed? As of the moment I have 4 snails and two hermits for my clean up crew. I also have 3 fish. A black clown, a damsel, and a pigmy Angel. If you have any questions or want to see more, watch a few update videos I posted on my YouTube. My channel is SethSundeen. Or copy and paste this. Thank you everyone!!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, beautiful tank!! I agree about the star fish from most members I’ve read they are hard to keep especially in a small tank.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
However, if you are going to be a good reef keeper and really do what you need to do, you can hand feed a serpent or brittle star. And by hand feeding, I mean take a small piece of cut up silverside and set it down rigth next to the central disk of the star with a long pair of tweezers. I used to stick a piece on a skinny wooden skewer and the star would 'walk' over to it, wrap an arm around it and hold on. Then I would spin the skewer a bit and slowly lift. The food would come off the skewer and the star had food.

It was fun. But in a tank your size, you'd need to do that about once or twice a week.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
BSA
Back