Nano gorilla crab tank

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a gorilla crab and my brother really wants to save it so can i take a 2.5 gallon tank and keep him in there? I would add sand and rocks in it and feed mysis

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a gorilla crab and my brother really wants to save it so can i take a 2.5 gallon tank and keep him in there? I would add sand and rocks in it and feed mysis
I had one live in a 16 oz cup with a tiny bit of water in it for a few months when I removed it and put the cup aside in a dark corner. They are pretty bulletproof ime.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Nothing with ammonia issues?
They are much tougher than fish and can live exposed for a long time with their exoskeleton. I would not bother to “cycle” the tank if it is only going to be for crabs.

I would start with live rock because they are a living creature and they deserve respect.

Edit, and I like live rock, who knows what else might show up

OP
OP
vcnt

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are much tougher than fish and can live exposed for a long time with their exoskeleton. I would not bother to “cycle” the tank if it is only going to be for crabs.

I would start with live rock because they are a living creature and they deserve respect.

Edit, and I like live rock, who knows what else might show up
Im thinkng of just throwing a small rock into dt for 2 days and then using that

Stomatopods17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some saltwater inverts are hardier than most of us give credit for.

Especially when tide pools are considered as crustaceans/echinoderms etc are not unfamiliar with being trapped in a bowl for an unknowingly long time, while some crabs/octopus will flat out travel from one pool with certain parameters to another without acclimation.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back