Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ugly stage has begun. Secured a cleanup crew for the brown algae bloom I'm praying won't last too long. Last week’s water test had nitrates still too low and I expect that will have increased by now. (I will be water testing this weekend utilizing another test kit rather than the API one I currently have. Not happy with it. I will likely go with the Red Sea test kit.)

I'm hoping that if the nitrates have risen I can begin my refugium. I was holding off because I was thinking that the microalgae will need enough nutrients in tank to do their thing. (I'm going to run chaeto.)
69B3AB94-5B4E-4D8F-8880-0D4728E16209.jpeg

cseasee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first tank is about to begin next week! (I’m not counting the 5 gallon my wife sprung upon me at the beginning of January, which is cycled and going well so far.)
MY TANK is an old Nano Cube 24 with some upgrades. Media tower for the first chamber, 2nd chamber I’d like to turn into a refugium and have made modifications towards that end. I look to use a Tunze 8821Echochic light in the refugium and run some Chaeto hopefully. Caulerpa perhaps? ‍♂️ New return pump. Surface skimmer upgrade. Prime 16 LED Reef Light & shade/diffuser w/ 12 inch flex arm mount. (Due next week!) I’m also awaiting the arrival of my Kraken Reef lid! Very excited! This is all part of a basement remodeling project and hopefully I can find some success with a few starter tanks and work up to a 180 or 200 gallon tank. Small steps first though! View attachment 3012767
Question about the Kraken Lid- I am looking for a lid replacement for my NanoCube 24 as well, but Kraken only lists the 28g size lid. Did you custom-order a lid, or does the 28g fit the 24g as well?

OP
OP
Captngutts

Captngutts

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about the Kraken Lid- I am looking for a lid replacement for my NanoCube 24 as well, but Kraken only lists the 28g size lid. Did you custom-order a lid, or does the 28g fit the 24g as well?
When I ordered my lid from them it was not custom(except for power cord hole and feeder), but chosen from what they had listed on their site. (My tank is from around circa 2008 or so.) However, when the lid arrived it did not fit onto the inner lip of the rim around the tank. I had to just rest it on the top of the rim. I contacted them and they apologized and immediately refunded total cost plus told me to keep the lid! Very kind of them, to say the least.
It seems their site only listed specs for a later version of the NanoCube 24 at the time. I'm not sure but I believe they have since updated their site.
It's still a great lid and the customer service is exemplary!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

cseasee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I ordered my lid from them it was not custom(except for power cord hole and feeder), but chosen from what they had listed on their site. (My tank is from around circa 2008 or so.) However, when the lid arrived it did not fit onto the inner lip of the rim around the tank. I had to just rest it on the top of the rim. I contacted them and they apologized and immediately refunded total cost plus told me to keep the lid! Very kind of them, to say the least.
It seems their site only listed specs for a later version of the NanoCube 24 at the time. I'm not sure but I believe they have since updated their site.
It's still a great lid and the customer service is exemplary!
That's super helpful; thank you!

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back