Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this guy is? He looks a bit weird right now as he went into defense mode and stuck most of his pins straight up. He has a black body, with the 5 black lines separating his body into sections (just like any old tuxedo urchin.) but his pins are half striped white and maroon/red and half solid pink with some yellow near the base. I can't find anything like him online, so any leads are greatly appreciated!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
haleyf1024

haleyf1024

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I'm not finding a whole bunch of threads on them. Do any of you guys know if they are reef safe? I think someone mentioned that theirs ate their leather coral, but the other thread I found said 100% reef safe (which I know isn't always the case with any urchin if it's hungry enough.)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
haleyf1024

haleyf1024

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he's been hanging out on the glass, didn't bother anything yet! I had never seen these guys before, but one of my LFS had a tank full of them for $25 each! I couldn't pass them up for that price and how beautiful they are. I did feed him a small piece of seaweed, which he took right of way, I'm guessing he has been starved at the shop since their tank has no algea in it. I hope he stays reef safe, but he seems good so far!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aquarium Specialty
Back