Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During a fragging project for one of our members Jgoslee I came across a large closed polyp. I fragged around it. At first I thought maybe pink Elephant and then the 3rd row of large skirts that originates from deep in the polyp came out as it opened. I have never seen anything like it but it obviously is a zoanthid imposter of some sorts. The base and stalk is as thick as the open head. Anyone know what this is? Has a cool green band around the outer edge. Stalk size is larger than most paly's. That 3rd row of large skirt really throws me for a loop.

saltwater218.jpg

weirdpolyp.jpg

I will try to get better pics tommorow if nobody knows what this is. Thanks for your help.
Dave

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods

Raptor

Angel Of Death
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a mini carpet nem. Gary at RC sells them. They will multiply. Cool little nem. BONUS
Maybe a rock nem, But in time the rock nem will grow large and the mini carpets stay small.

OP
OP
d.grcich

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it had a almost fleshy base. I say HAD because it decided to (A) relocate itself since it is now gone (B) withdraw into a kind of cavernous hole where the base looked like it was atached to the rock last night. Not sure which but it is gone for now and definetly freaked me out a bit. Not expecting that. I have looked my frag tank over inch by inch and can not find it but I do have alot of frags in there. So some type of minature anenome "that sounds really cool and I am going to look into those" or a minature tube worm that mimics zoanthids if that even exsists. If it reapears in the same place or elsewhere I will get back with you guys. Thanks for your ideas!

saltwater221.jpg

OP
OP
d.grcich

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also that debri around the polyp in the picture can only be found on the rock in that specific area. Almost makes me think it was digging ot tookover a hole of something that did.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Neptune
Back