Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over 3 months in and I’m still finding unknown critters at night. I need help identifying this crab. I’ve never seen a crab like this with such long antennae. It is really little and only comes out at night.

P.S. I apologize for the shaky camera work. I had a flashlight in one hand and the camera in the other.

93FF72C7-9AC1-4129-ACB9-13F690DE88CA.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8194.MOV
    38.7 MB
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

DaJMasta

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the mouth parts look like feathers or very thin combs? If so, it's sort of got the body profile of a porcelain crab, which is a reef safe filter feeder. Haven't seen one with that coloration, though, and if it's actually munching on the substrate, I've never seen an average porcelain crab do that.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
dbati

dbati

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the mouth parts look like feathers or very thin combs? If so, it's sort of got the body profile of a porcelain crab, which is a reef safe filter feeder. Haven't seen one with that coloration, though, and if it's actually munching on the substrate, I've never seen an average porcelain crab do that.
I can’t really tell. I want to say yes but he doesn’t look to be combing the water column at all.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Cantusaurus

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what’s in my tank.
With expensive corals, out of more than 4,000 species, I trust none. Virtually all are opportunistic. They eat what they can catch.
Play it safe.
Except Acropora (Trapezia species) crabs! They’re super beneficial to branching SPS. Also anemone crabs are definitely reef safe

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NYOS
Back