Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am considering a trio of Hydra 32s for my 180 gallon. I am, however, very concerned by looking at reviews of the MyAI app for the lights, as it gets awful feedback, I mean overwhelmingly bad.

I want to link the three lights to a single setting for a sunrise, a sunset and balanced settings through the day (perhaps also a moonlight).

Anyone out there want to comment on what you've found with using these lights and their app? I don't need to tinker with the lights from Zurich or Singapore, just from in the same room from time to time.

7akata

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the new Hydra 32's. My biggest gripe is that I can't use my computer to mess w/ them anymore, but honestly never had any problems with the app (I don't adjust my lights every day so I'm not in it that much honestly), especially when used on a larger screen like a tablet.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am considering a trio of Hydra 32s for my 180 gallon. I am, however, very concerned by looking at reviews of the MyAI app for the lights, as it gets awful feedback, I mean overwhelmingly bad.

I want to link the three lights to a single setting for a sunrise, a sunset and balanced settings through the day (perhaps also a moonlight).

Anyone out there want to comment on what you've found with using these lights and their app? I don't need to tinker with the lights from Zurich or Singapore, just from in the same room from time to time.

I have no problem with my Hydra 32s or the program. They work flawlessly.

20200927_132332.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW

Cherub

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt three would be enough for that tank. I had 4 on my 130 and it was not enough light. Sure it was enough right in the middle but the sand bed and all the shadows on the rocks made me change lights. I added a T5 hybrid and switched to three radeon blues, and now it's enough light. The moonlights on the 32's were white which I was not a fan of also.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt three would be enough for that tank. I had 4 on my 130 and it was not enough light. Sure it was enough right in the middle but the sand bed and all the shadows on the rocks made me change lights. I added a T5 hybrid and switched to three radeon blues, and now it's enough light. The moonlights on the 32's were white which I was not a fan of also.

Four isnt enough? I have three on my 525XL and it lights my entire living room, kitchen and dining room up. lol

Top Shelf Aquatics

esther

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the new Hydra 32's. My biggest gripe is that I can't use my computer to mess w/ them anymore, but honestly never had any problems with the app (I don't adjust my lights every day so I'm not in it that much honestly), especially when used on a larger screen like a tablet.

+1 on this. I've never had an issue with the app, but I set my lighting schedule in February and haven't touched it since. Have had zero issues with lights & app.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AF
Back