Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't name all of them off the top of my head. But there is blood sucker, orange oxides, grim reeper, and Circus
IMG_20230517_172240.jpg
IMG_20230517_172250.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

WestMI-Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually live rock it's been cycled
I think he was referring to the lack of coralline, filter feeders, ect. Your rocks have brown diatom and dino, which is common with new set ups. No need to worry, if you can keep stable parameters, I think your zoa’s have a chance of thriving. It will take a long time before they grow into each other, but stick with it and you might end up with a rock full of zoa

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Knight420

Knight420

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he was referring to the lack of coralline, filter feeders, ect. Your rocks have brown diatom and dino, which is common with new set ups. No need to worry, if you can keep stable parameters, I think your zoa’s have a chance of thriving. It will take a long time before they grow into each other.
I never added Coraline algae to this tank. Some of the plugs have it. I'm sure it will take over eventually. I have a strict about 50% water change every 2 weeks. Testing 2 times a week. This is my 2nd tank.

AS

WestMI-Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never added Coraline algae to this tank. Some of the plugs have it. I'm sure it will take over eventually. I have a strict about 50% water change every 2 weeks. Testing 2 times a week. This is my 2nd tank.
I would never buy coralline either, I like your idea of just waiting and letting nature do it’s thing. Seeding with those plugs will help. Sounds like a trusty maintenance schedule.
How long ago was your first tank? Was it also a reef tank?

OP
OP
Knight420

Knight420

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never buy coralline either, I like your idea of just waiting and letting nature do it’s thing. Seeding with those plugs will help. Sounds like a trusty maintenance schedule.
How long ago was your first tank? Was it also a reef tank?
About a year ago, yes it is a reef tank. I didn't do a Zoa garden in that one. It's 40g display 50g total water volume. I built my own sump under it.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Kessil
Back