Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Yasha goby and pistol shrimp pair a couple of months ago. The goby didn't have much of an appetite and was getting picked on a little by the Royal gramma that was also in QT with him, so when I put them in my main tank and then didn't see him for over a month I assumed he starved to death under a rock.

But today, 6 weeks after I last saw him, I saw him poking his little head out from under one of the rocks facing the back of my tank :)

I'm so freaking happy. Apologies for the low-quality iPhone video but I didn't have time to grab my clip on color filters.

https://youtube.com/shorts/NefoDqRq4CA?feature=share

He isn't in the same hole as the pistol shrimp (not even the same rock structure). I guess I'll need to get a new pistol shrimp friend for him, and another goby for the original pistol shrimp! :D

Last edited:
BRS

Jrain904

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Yasha goby and pistol shrimp pair a couple of months ago. The goby didn't have much of an appetite and was getting picked on a little by the Royal gramma that was also in QT with him, so when I put them in my main tank and then didn't see him for over a month I assumed he starved to death under a rock.

But today, 6 weeks after I last saw him, I saw him poking his little head out from under one of the rocks facing the back of my tank :)

I'm so freaking happy. Apologies for the low-quality iPhone video but I didn't have time to grab my clip on color filters.

He isn't in the same hole as the pistol shrimp (not even the same structure). I guess I'll need to get a new pistol shrimp friend for him, and another goby for the original pistol shrimp! :D

What species of pistol shrimp do you have? I’ve seen many times where people try and pair incorrect species with fish. If you have a proper pistol shrimp don’t get a new one. They will find each other eventually.

OP
OP
D

dangles

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's try that video again...
What species of pistol shrimp do you have? I’ve seen many times where people try and pair incorrect species with fish. If you have a proper pistol shrimp don’t get a new one. They will find each other eventually.

He's a Tiger I believe.

So you don't think the goby's spot is established?

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
D

dangles

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Be careful about overpopulating a habitat type. Too many of the same kind of inhabitants that what to occupy the same space can lead to aggression.

50 gal

It may be too small for a second pair, in which case that's fine.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.Riptideaquaculture.com
Back