Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was in lfs other day and im quite friendly with the staff etc, not a great place to find nice zoa's at all but while moving a couple corals from one tank to another for them (i love getting wet, joining in etc) i notice 4 ugly looking hitchiker leathery looking polyps on a lump of xenia coral, you know the type either brown or brown with a dull green sheen lol, but in this case on closer inspection i could see that infact as ugly leathery type polyps they were when closed, when open they had a unusual bi colour green look to them with a brown blotch around mouth.

so my usual trick when i want to have a freebee offered to me is to accidently on purpose break off a tiny bit rock with the offending coral on lol, anyway all went to plan and i got it home and to my surprise im getting better at looking at something that might be better then at first glance.

so here she is under my twin 150w 20k halides with no actinic enhancement either but as usual picture not crystal clear lol, the mouth has a orange/brown colour around tho not show so well in picture

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back