Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am new to the hobby and my tank is about three months old. I will be posting updated progress of coral growth and my tank build in general.

Display Pictures:
IMG-2421.JPG
IMG-2419.JPG

At the moment I am running everything that came with this AIO except for the filter sock and the ATO. I added my own ATO instead so it could be low profile and hold a lot more water. I also added a refugium where the old ATO is supposed to go. The reason I took off the filter sock is to my tank can have a huge population of pods, which has so far worked out.

Pictures of my refugium and new ATO
IMG-2424.JPG
IMG-2425.JPG
IMG-2423.JPG
IMG-2422.JPG

For future upgrades to my tank, I have a Neptune Apex controller coming in next week and I am hoping to snag the trident next time they are in stock. Also, I would like to drill holes in the back of my tank and add a sump but, I do not know when I am actually going to do that.

For my livestock I have:
1- Clownfish
1- Mandarin
1- Super Saiyan Zoa
1- Goniopora
1- Green Stylo
1- Laser Lemon Clove Polyp
1- Green Implosion Paly

I used to have an old glory goby as well but after around two months he disappeared. I looked all over for him but came to the conclusion that he probably jumped out the tank and my dog ate him :(

That is it for my first Tank post let me know what you guys think!!!!

CLICK TO VIEW

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the new tank - it looks good! The biggest challenge in having a Mandarin when you're first starting is keeping up with the appropriate food, but it sounds like you have at least a general understanding of pods so you are headed in the right direction. Good luck!

OP
OP
C_mo97

C_mo97

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the new tank - it looks good! The biggest challenge in having a Mandarin when you're first starting is keeping up with the appropriate food, but it sounds like you have at least a general understanding of pods so you are headed in the right direction. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I have been keeping up with pods and now they are everywhere so I’ll probably just dose them as needed.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
C_mo97

C_mo97

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the newest addition to my tank came in yesterday and I have to say I already love it.

The apex base unit:
I already have the temp and ph probes set up and it is all going smoothly so far. I unfortunately did not buy the Energey Bar with the base unit but I’m sure I’ll find a used one down the road.

This base unit only cost me $250. So I am pretty stoked about that.

8824D3D5-41A2-43AC-8C14-37B1989E7791.jpeg

OP
OP
C_mo97

C_mo97

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it has been a while since I updated this thread but, most of my time has gone to my new DIY tank build which I encourage you to go take a look at. The link is in my signature.

Back to this tank, I ran into some trouble with some bubble algae, I am currently using vibrant to take care of it. I also had my first encounter with a Vermited snail which I also took care of with some frag glue.

On to the good news, my clownfish Nemo is growing bigger every day and I also added a new yellow tang to the tank. Before you say the tank is to small if you look at the other build thread I have I am making him a bigger tank as we speak, plus he is a baby right now so he is doing very well.
IMG_2775.jpg

I also added some corals and the Neptune systems Trident to the mix. I love this thing and if you are looking for one Topshelf Aquatics in Central Florida has about ten last time I checked.
IMG_2774.jpg
IMG_2778.jpg
IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg
IMG_2776.jpg

Well, that is my update for this tank. Thanks for reading and check out my DIY Tank Build!!!!!

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaNerd
Back