Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this at the LFS a week ago and just had to have it. I have a reefer 170 24x20x20 inches. I've been wanting to go in a new direction with this tank so I decided the nem would be a nice center piece. Tank was bare bottom so I added sand and have put 3-4" where I wanted to place the nem hoping it will stay. I went back yesterday and bought it.
I scooped sand out so there is a large depression and placed the nem in there. It is super sticky and very responsive. My dog came in the room and dropped a bone on the floor and the nem actually responded and sort of pumped up like it was trying to fly and started to raise up into the water. It was pretty cool except I didn't want that. I'm new to haddoni and assume this is how they move around. Fly up into the water and see where it blows you to. I turned off all flow so it could settle in. It inflated really large and looked like it was trying to work it's foot down next to the rock.
20230519_181221.jpg

I let it settle for a while then slowly starting to work sand under it to hold it in place.
Before I went to bed I turned the return pump back on but at a reduce rate just to have a little flow and heat since heaters are in the sump.
Today it is looking like it has settled in pretty well
20230520_120139.jpg

Power heads are still off but I'll turn them back on today at a reduced rate and watch the flow so the nem doesn't get too much.
I'd like to do something a little different than clowns and am looking for suggestions on type of shrimp or crab to host I'm it. Any suggestions :thinking-face:
FTS
20230520_120126.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back