Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, sounds like bearings. I'm going to assume it's out of warranty. I've replaced bearing in the older MP's, but never with a QD, so if it's QD, I can't help. If it's the older model, it's a relative easy fix. I think I've done write-ups on R2R.....let me take a look and I'll get back to you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gabe aqua

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, sounds like bearings. I'm going to assume it's out of warranty. I've replaced bearing in the older MP's, but never with a QD, so if it's QD, I can't help. If it's the older model, it's a relative easy fix. I think I've done write-ups on R2R.....let me take a look and I'll get back to you.
Okay thanks

Upvote 0

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I buy a replacement???

If it's a QD, a number of retailers sell for $241.34, including directly from Ecotech. If it's an old model MP40, according to Ecotech, the QD dryside won't work with the old style controllers. That said, Ecotech had three different controllers.....the QD which is black, the "intermediate, which is white (definitely on MP10, not sure if MP40 ever had this driver), and the antique controller, also white. I believe the wire connector from the dryside to the controller is different on the old versus new. and that's why they are not compatable. Here's what the antique controllers look like....the top row and one just below in the middle. The white "intermediate" controller in this picture is for an MP10.

1680047497304.png

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Queen City Corals
Back