My Mother’s Day Experiment

kimts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son has been running a 55 gallon tank for awhile now, and I got to be very interested in the whole process. His Mother’s Day gift to me was a IM Nuvo Fusion Cube. I set her up that weekend with some live rock from our LFS.

The first inhabitants were a pair of black ocellaris clowns (Roy & Keely). Later I added Trent Krim, a yellow watchman goby, and sadly, he died. A new YWG, Grim, has taken his place. CUC includes 2 trochus snails, a nassarius snail, and a blue legged hermit.

My first corals were an eagle eye zoa and a finger leather. I slowly started adding more zoas (would like a whole garden), some mushrooms, a frammer, and plating and digitata montis.

Hoping to get a current algae issue under control so this becomes more enjoyment and less stress over time.

Equipment:
Light: Smatfarm G3
IM UV Sterilizer
Hygger mini wave maker

IMG_8805.jpeg IMG_8922.jpeg IMG_8989.jpeg IMG_9006.jpeg IMG_9175.jpeg IMG_9244.jpeg

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son has been running a 55 gallon tank for awhile now, and I got to be very interested in the whole process. His Mother’s Day gift to me was a IM Nuvo Fusion Cube. I set her up that weekend with some live rock from our LFS.

The first inhabitants were a pair of black ocellaris clowns (Roy & Keely). Later I added Trent Krim, a yellow watchman goby, and sadly, he died. A new YWG, Grim, has taken his place. CUC includes 2 trochus snails, a nassarius snail, and a blue legged hermit.

My first corals were an eagle eye zoa and a finger leather. I slowly started adding more zoas (would like a whole garden), some mushrooms, a frammer, and plating and digitata montis.

Hoping to get a current algae issue under control so this becomes more enjoyment and less stress over time.

Equipment:
Light: Smatfarm G3
IM UV Sterilizer
Hygger mini wave maker

IMG_8805.jpeg IMG_8922.jpeg IMG_8989.jpeg IMG_9006.jpeg IMG_9175.jpeg IMG_9244.jpeg
Awesome looking set up, and great story! It's so much more fun when it's a family affair. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
kimts

kimts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy to report my algae situation is looking better this morning, so I decided to turn the light on for a bit. Would appreciate some recommendations on placement for my zoa frags (or any other corals for that matter). I’m trying to envision what I want this to look like, but it’s hard when all the corals are so small.
IMG_9272.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back