Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my second jawbreaker. The first one I bought came off its frag overnight and was lost.

This jawbreaker is from a coral show and when I put it in the tank I noticed it was peeling away from the plug (and I wasn't about to throw more money down the drain).

None of my local shops had mushroom cages so I decided to either buy an intake diffuser or something else that can work as a cage. The store I went to had this filter media cup and I bought it on the spot (they had a 3D printed powerhead cover and the media cup was cheaper).

I sawed off the top of it to reduce it's height. It is also buoyant so I took one of my ceramic bags to weigh it down (making sure that it wasn't fully covering the top to allow for light to get to the jawbreaker). I push the cup to the bottom of the sand bed and it stayed put, but I didn't want it to potentially work it's way out and have the mushroom be swept away.

It's been two days and the mushroom looks like it is fanning out and close to the rubble I have it on. I'm going to just give it a week to be certain it is fully attached.

20230427_134600.jpg 20230427_134556.jpg 20230427_134617.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
W

W0terMoist

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15.99!?!?
Yeah, I know. The stores where I live absolutely gouge us on their prices. I live in St. Louis MO. Don't know if my location has anything to do with it. I try to only buy stuff online through BRS and or Amazon. I only bought it since it was an emergency.

Edit: after a Google search, BRS has it at the same price. But for other things like media bags, they will be $10 and I can get them online for less than half the price.

Avast

WestMI-Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I know. The stores where I live absolutely gouge us on their prices. I live in St. Louis MO. Don't know if my location has anything to do with it. I try to only buy stuff online through BRS and or Amazon. I only bought it since it was an emergency.

Edit: after a Google search, BRS has it at the same price. But for other things like media bags, they will be $10 and I can get them online for less than half the price.
It’s a good concept! I DIY a lot of things in the hobby because of the silly mark ups.
A clear plastic cup/container with some holes in it would do the same thing, and then you would have 15 bucks to buy another mushroom!
ah anyways, nice looking set up, happy reefing!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JBJAquarium.com
Back