Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R'ers

Here is some pictures og my DIY 280 Liters Freshwater Tank

It's rather long tank a long 140 Cm X 40 Cm Deep and 50 Cm High
DSC_0148.JPG

My fish are some very beautiful Rebacked Macropods, a pack of Khuli Loaches and a small bucnh of Amano shrimps.

It also have a sump, inspired by various saltwater designs, here is a closeup on the media section :
DSC_0144.JPG

The water flows from the maintank into a 30 PPI foam blcok and then over some crappy bioballs and then up trough a some bacteria houses and 20 liters of biohome ultimate

It goes like this :
OB Sump.gif

I since skipped the sock, as it was too much hassle, so now I filter over a foam block instead.

In the back of the picture, there is a Co2 reactor driven by a Jebao DC 1200 DC pumpand the Return pump ( not in the pic. ) is a Jebao DC 2000

I have a GHL Profilux 4 controller running the pumps via this DIY :
DIY LBF-AP MOD.png

Thanks for watching, cheers, Brock

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
M

Mistahbrock

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monthly Update :
Main  Tank.JPG

I just bought myself a GHL Mitras Lightbar II and Wow, it's a great lamp !!!
now my plants are really starting to pearl and everything just looks so much better.

Farewell old DIY cheap crap LED and hello Mitras Lightbar II :)

Then I also bought a Aqua Medic DC Runner 2.2 and this pump is excellent, I used to have a Jebao DC 2000 as return and it was great but a little but noisy, just a littlebit, this new one is SUPER SILENT !!! :)

I hear only the water, which is a bit more liveliy as I also switched to a 20 mm return hose instead of the 16mm I had with the Jebaos.

The DC runner by the way, resembles a jebao a lot, and i used the base plate form the Jebao on the DC runner, as I had mounted suction cups on it, it fits right on.

And I also ran the DC runner from the Jebao DCS controller I have, i worked, but I wouldn't recommend it as it might blow eiher pump or controller, even both.
Sump.JPG

I made a live food chamber in the sump containing a Daphnia Mona ( tropical Daphnia tolerant to the higher temperature ) and live tubifex on the floor, it get a little water feed form the sump every second day from a small usb pump, controlled by the Profilux P4, which also runs the heater and the lightbar.

Daphnia.JPG

I run a rather primitive DIY yeast system, sugar and yeast in a couple of 2 liter soda bottles, it's the biggest size I can get here in Denmark but I'd like to have a couple of three or four liters instead.
Yeast.JPG

I bought a Yotta steriliser, which is a small freshwater only gizmo claiming to defeat algae and it seems to work, even though I might need to put the butt-ugly diffuser into the main tank to see a more progressive result, in which case I'd need to get an extension cable it.

Well, thanks for stopping by, have a nice one :)

Cheers, Brock

Last edited:
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Kessil
Back