+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Added a BTA a couple days ago to my fluval evo, making it my dedicated anemone tank. (Plan on moving it to my 75g when I upgrade my dt).
He's been doing really great so far, he tends to get way smaller at night when I change the light over to blue (I do this around 6pm).

I added my clowns in after it settled on its spot, and they took a liking to each other, woot! So I thought I'd share a video of the magical happenings :)

Now my question is:
As you can see, my anem is suuuper stretched up. I assume he is reaching for light, would I be correct in that?
I did a lot of research- I read from people who used the stock light in their fluval for their BTA and it was perfect. I was afraid to upgrade and have the light be too strong, I have 2 blade grows on my DT and they just seem aggressive for a tank that short. Should I upgrade the light to a blade grow? Or is he fine and I'm rocking the boat when I shouldn't.
He's so puffy and happy to my limited experience, but I don't want to risk a big issue down the line, I'm so attached already.

Any advice super appreciated,
thanks guys!

BRS
CLICK TO VIEW
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!
Back