+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys its a sad day for me …
I had a bullethole clownfish that my girlfriend name woody .he looked really healthy and under 15 min he died .. it was really good until i feed him i feed him lrs frozen food that i thawed in aquarium water … it didnt looked like there was big chunk or anything like that .
afterward he was really stressed out and going through the tank like crazy and he had trouble breathing.. i didn’t see anything in his mouth that was blocking .. i pulled him out of the tank and put him in a bowl with aquarium water but he was breathing slower and slower until he died .. the whole thing happened in 15 min or less .. do you guys have ever had a similar story and what could i have done to save him i have no clue of what could have done differently

im a really sad reefer now it was my favorite fish and my girlfriend is crying for our loss now :(

i attached picture of him and notice that one of his gills look a bit abnormal what do you think

to our beloved woody ❤️❤️

image.jpg image.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey guys its a sad day for me …
I had a bullethole clownfish that my girlfriend name woody .he looked really healthy and under 15 min he died .. it was really good until i feed him i feed him lrs frozen food that i thawed in aquarium water … it didnt looked like there was big chunk or anything like that .
afterward he was really stressed out and going through the tank like crazy and he had trouble breathing.. i didn’t see anything in his mouth that was blocking .. i pulled him out of the tank and put him in a bowl with aquarium water but he was breathing slower and slower until he died .. the whole thing happened in 15 min or less .. do you guys have ever had a similar story and what could i have done to save him i have no clue of what could have done differently

im a really sad reefer now it was my favorite fish and my girlfriend is crying for our loss now :(

i attached picture of him and notice that one of his gills look a bit abnormal what do you think

to our beloved woody ❤️❤️

View attachment 3151577 View attachment 3151579
sorry to see and hear. Are you sure food was actually thawed? Ice content can cause shock. Also LRS which is fantastic food is pure. I wonder if shell or bone may have been in the food?
IF food was the source. . . If youre brave and willing, you can cut the stomach open to see if anything foreigh is found as a possible cause.

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to see and hear. Are you sure food was actually thawed? Ice content can cause shock. Also LRS which is fantastic food is pure. I wonder if shell or bone may have been in the food?
IF food was the source. . . If youre brave and willing, you can cut the stomach open to see if anything foreigh is found as a possible cause.
Funny I never thaw my food. It's fairly odd - the scenario, I think. Agree could have been something in the food.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
B

Buzz-light-year

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added water to the food in a shooter glass and stirred it up nicely to get it all loose and afterwards i gave them the food to the fish with a turkey baster.. all other fish look fine even the smaller ones .. i dont know im im brave enough to do that he was quite small and i dont think i have the skills to disect it properly ..
Do you recommend that i look more closely when i give them food .. should i toss the rest in the garbage

OP
OP
B

Buzz-light-year

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny I never thaw my food. It's fairly odd - the scenario, I think. Agree could have been something in the food.
Yeah i dont thaw it every time but this time i did maybe he eat too much in a small time lapse or that he ate a sand particles with the food. I honestly dont know what i could have done differently i dont want that to happen again . I think that was too much for my girlfriend she said she dont want any other fish now .. he was her favorite one

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I added water to the food in a shooter glass and stirred it up nicely to get it all loose and afterwards i gave them the food to the fish with a turkey baster.. all other fish look fine even the smaller ones .. i dont know im im brave enough to do that he was quite small and i dont think i have the skills to disect it properly ..
Do you recommend that i look more closely when i give them food .. should i toss the rest in the garbage
If food, look at it to see if anything looks unusual but a possibility- I can’t imagine it caused an issue however as you nay see, there are large pieces in this food blend

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
B

Buzz-light-year

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If food, look at it to see if anything looks unusual but a possibility- I can’t imagine it caused an issue however as you nay see, there are large pieces in this food blend
So you think he ate a big chunk of food and then choked .. is there anything i could have done to save it .. i tried to look in his mouth but i didn't see any chunk or anything else .. i just want to prevent this to happen to any other fish .. i feel like im responsable to keep them healthy and i failed

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So you think he ate a big chunk of food and then choked .. is there anything i could have done to save it .. i tried to look in his mouth but i didn't see any chunk or anything else .. i just want to prevent this to happen to any other fish .. i feel like im responsable to keep them healthy and i failed
It’s hard to say unless seen. Many possibilities with fish loss. Fish crash into objects, have hidden issues such as flukes and others. These mentioned are likely not causes but examples of mysterious death

OP
OP
B

Buzz-light-year

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to say unless seen. Many possibilities with fish loss. Fish crash into objects, have hidden issues such as flukes and others. These mentioned are likely not causes but examples of mysterious death
Yeah it suck to lose a fish like that .. but thanks for your help the two times I’ve posted on r2r you were the one to answer you are really great for this community!

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Frag Farm
Back