+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of light do you use?
Also do you use any sort of chemicals around the tank? (Febreze, air fresheners, Windex, etc)
What other creatures do you have in the tank? Soft corals can create some major chemical warfare in a tank and effect nems and other animals.
Last question, Do you run carbon?

OP
OP
Ineedtequilla

Ineedtequilla

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of light do you use?
Also do you use any sort of chemicals around the tank? (Febreze, air fresheners, Windex, etc)
What other creatures do you have in the tank? Soft corals can create some major chemical warfare in a tank and effect nems and other animals.
Last question, Do you run carbon?
Thx! It's a 10g nano aquarium, not too fussy, i have one leather umbrella, kenya tree and anemone. About fish, I have a pair of clown fish and a fridmani

I use Luminaire A052 Gako 52w

I don't use any products other than changing the water weekly, I don't use carbon

AquaCave Logo Banner

FlowGod

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx! It's a 10g nano aquarium, not too fussy, i have one leather umbrella, kenya tree and anemone. About fish, I have a pair of clown fish and a fridmani

I use Luminaire A052 Gako 52w

I don't use any products other than changing the water weekly, I don't use carbon
I would recommend trying running carbon or removing the leathers to see if the anemone is effected. With those leathers in the tank they can release some pretty nasty chemicals to inhibit and slow other coral's growth down. Do you notice if your anemone perks up after a water change?

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bbt rainbow anemone is not doing well these days. She was very good before but not this week. what could it be?
parameters:
Calcium: 360
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
Dkh: 9
Temperature: 24
Salinity: 1,024
Phosphate: 0.5
Ph: 8.6
might want to bring up the heat to around 78-79 Fahrenheit

FlowGod

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the other thread asking about high ph.
Seeing both these threads I think I would try raising the temperature first to around 25-26 C range and see the effects on the tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Ineedtequilla

Ineedtequilla

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend trying running carbon or removing the leathers to see if the anemone is effected. With those leathers in the tank they can release some pretty nasty chemicals to inhibit and slow other coral's growth down. Do you notice if your anemone perks up after a water change?
Here is the other thread asking about high ph.
Seeing both these threads I think I would try raising the temperature first to around 25-26 C range and see the effects on the tank.
Thanks for the tips, I'll definitelyI will do what you said. About the anemone, I'm going to change the water tomorrow and I'll see if it improves.

OP
OP
Ineedtequilla

Ineedtequilla

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG-20230428-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20230428-WA0013.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 21
World Wide Corals

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? Do you always run at 1.024 SG? That alone ticks off my nems. They prefer 1.026

There is Nothing that can be seen from that picture. Lose the blues. Take pictures in focus, in white from the top, and the sides. Post those.

A FTS may also help. .5 phos and 5 nitrate is not The problem here, but those are All sorts of out of whack and should be addressed.

To those saying to raise the tank to 77-78°, Why? Anenome systems often run lower temp than a full reef. 24°c/75°f is Perfectly acceptable for Either.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Avast
OP
OP
Ineedtequilla

Ineedtequilla

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? Do you always run at 1.024 SG? That alone ticks off my nems. They prefer 1.026

There is Nothing that can be seen from that picture. Lose the blues. Take pictures in focus, in white from the top, and the sides. Post those.

A FTS may also help. .5 phos and 5 nitrate is not The problem here, but those are All sorts of out of whack and should be addressed.

To those saying to raise the tank to 77-78°, Why? Anenome systems often run lower temp than a full reef. 24°c/75°f is Perfectly acceptable for Either.
thanks for answering, the aquarium is about 3 - 4 years old, but the anemone is new and only 3 months old. About the salinity, in fact it stays at 1025, but today it has dropped to 1024, I try to keep between this range at least 1023. Do you think I should increase the temperature? thanks again and I will try to take more pictures

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it receives a lot of light, this luminaire
gradually turns off and at this time it will turn off by now. My phone's camera isn't very good either.:grinning-face-with-sweat:
it is hard to tell in that light, maybe try posting a picture when your light turns back on.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Battlecorals
Back