Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank description:

Tank: 375 gallons
Sump: 300 gallons
Refugium: 75 gallons
frag tank: 75 gallons
Skimmer tank: 50 gallons

Here are my levels, averaged since the 1st of Jan. I can go further back if needed. Manual tests are taken every week to make sure the Trident is running at top performance and logged in APEX.

Nitrates: Since Jan 1 avg is 25
phosphates: Since Jan 1 avg is .09
Calcium: Since Jan 1 avg is 409
ALK: Since Jan 1 avg is 8.34
Mag: Since Jan 1 avg is 1451

In my refugium I had 2 different types of algae growing, the green brillo pad stuff and the stuff with little balls. The names have escaped me. The little ball algae has all died and the brillo pad stuff is hanging on. It is lit by the Neptune algae light. Now the algae dieing i am sure is the cause of the socks turning green. The problem I need help with is I am getting a green turf type algae in the display and only in the display. It is all over the rocks and the sand bed. What can I do to fix this?

Something to consider here, I am currently deployed and will be for another 3 months. My wife is taking care of the tank and she is doing a wonderful job as everything I have in there (mixed reef) is just exploding with growth.

Any help? I will show some pictures of what the issue is, but they are coming from the wife.

TA1.PNG TA3.PNG

AS
Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Vivid
Back