Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3 months cleaner shrimp died. He was molting every often. But lately he had brown whiskers that he didnt clean. And they looked crooked from his last molt. And short. This morning i found him dead. Can they die from a bad molt?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they can die from a bad molt, bad water, stress, not enough food, etc.... Cannot guess without any other information about your tank.
What kind of info you need?

My tank is 4 months old 40 gallons with 18 gallons sump

Phosphate: 0.05.
Alk:7.5
Temp:77F
Nitrate:10
Calcium:450
Magnesium:1350

Salinity is 1.025. Tested with brs refractometer, and hydrometer to confirm. He was doing amazing.

Lately he wasnt going for food anymore. His whiskers were short and brown. And he wasnt moving from one spot. And this morning found him dead.

I have carbon reactor. I run carbon daily.

Not sure whars the cause? I feed frozen. And he used to literally go up to me like swim up to the water to catch food from me.

His last time i seen him wasnt the greatest shape. Not straight whiskers, short, brownish. Not sure. Old age? He used to molt like crazy every so often.

BRS

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I don't see anything wrong. I had shrimps die after some months that I couldn't explain, then I get others that lasts for years in the same tank.

Maybe someone else has idea's, but maybe need to chalk this one up to bad luck. I'm sorry for you and the shrimp.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Vivid
Back