My 1000th post... Maybe I should tell you about myself.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... I don't think I ever did an introduction post.:astonished-face:
Hello!
I like low tides and tide pools...
I got my first fish tank in 1977 a 20g FW, in college (84-89) I had 11 SW tanks in my apartment, worked part time in the fisheries dept. on a project that was exploring Tilapia as a cheap food source for third world countries. ( I think about that when I order a filet of pine nut encrusted Tilapia for $38...) I then worked after college for a company in Chicago now defunct called "Aquariums by Design" who made very Posh custom aquariums for very Posh people. Then I got a real job...
I am down to just four tanks currently: A 40g cube, (see build thread) a 10g Fiji cube AIO, a IM 30L AIO and my latest is a RS170 that is a temperate tank. I tore down my temperate tide pool and my temperate surge tanks to combine them into this one. So it is more of an Intertidal tank now. I will be doing a write up on this as soon as I clean up the surrounding mess.
The future: the 10g is going away and a IM 25 lagoon will replace it because I need a place for Frags RBTA splits etc. Probably will rip out the AIO part and do an EXT to a sump or a common sump have yet to decide that. I have a IM 6g frag tank that I want to somehow do a mangrove tank on the dining room table.
My other half is grateful that I can talk to others instead of just her. She loves the tanks, but puts up her "stop" hand if I start talking technical details.
Anyway, thanks for having me!
-T

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curved R2R Welcome 3-31-23 2.0.png

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We’re glad you’re here!

Clownfish.gif

Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner
Avast

steveschuerger

Corals Admittedly Goni and Torch/Frogspawn nut
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... I don't think I ever did an introduction post.:astonished-face:
Hello!
I like low tides and tide pools...
I got my first fish tank in 1977 a 20g FW, in college (84-89) I had 11 SW tanks in my apartment, worked part time in the fisheries dept. on a project that was exploring Tilapia as a cheap food source for third world countries. ( I think about that when I order a filet of pine nut encrusted Tilapia for $38...) I then worked after college for a company in Chicago now defunct called "Aquariums by Design" who made very Posh custom aquariums for very Posh people. Then I got a real job...
I am down to just four tanks currently: A 40g cube, (see build thread) a 10g Fiji cube AIO, a IM 30L AIO and my latest is a RS170 that is a temperate tank. I tore down my temperate tide pool and my temperate surge tanks to combine them into this one. So it is more of an Intertidal tank now. I will be doing a write up on this as soon as I clean up the surrounding mess.
The future: the 10g is going away and a IM 25 lagoon will replace it because I need a place for Frags RBTA splits etc. Probably will rip out the AIO part and do an EXT to a sump or a common sump have yet to decide that. I have a IM 6g frag tank that I want to somehow do a mangrove tank on the dining room table.
My other half is grateful that I can talk to others instead of just her. She loves the tanks, but puts up her "stop" hand if I start talking technical details.
Anyway, thanks for having me!
-T
Welcome (officially) to the R2R community! I think you’ll find quite a few people haven’t done the ”hi there” intros. I never did either. By the way I remember seeing ads for the Aquariums By Design back in the day.
A4FEDABA-4386-48DD-B20F-BB5F5CEFFA6A.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Avast
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never did an intro post, either! :face-with-tears-of-joy: Maybe I'll celebrate a milestone post, as well.

EDIT: Ok this was also my 1000th. lolol.

good bye hello GIF
Woo Hoo! And we joined 3 weeks apart! Congrats!

Corals.com
OP
OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome (officially) to the R2R community! I think you’ll find quite a few people haven’t done the ”hi there” intros. I never did either. By the way I remember seeing ads for the Aquariums By Design back in the day.View attachment 3111423
Aquariums by design were a big thing back in the day, I want to say forward thinking. I was thinking back to what made us so special because tanks and technology used back then are "basic" now. But not so much in the late 80's. We did have a very posh studio/showroom that played new age music like Kitaro with dramatic lighting. LOL... But if you get past that we were a high end maintenance company and fish store.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AAF
Back