Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NeptunePaul or really anybody at Neptune Systems…. I know that there are a lot of us, myself included, Apex owners that also have a ton of EcoTech and AquaIllumination equipment and when the MXM module was announced late last year went absolutely bonkers when we heard that finally there was going to an marriage between the three product lines. I am sure that everyone in this post Covid world understands chip shortage and manufacturing delays, throw us a bone and give us an update on a release date of the module.
I can’t speak for the masses but if we had a release date or at least the ability to pre-order like Sony and Apple has done we could know that this is something happening. I personally would pay the full price now.
Right now the buzz about has begun to fizzle out and when you do release it one of two things are going to happen either a people are going to be “whatever” or (the more likely case) a few people are going to horde them and scalp them and sell them for 150-200% and unfortunately those that feel they have to have it will pay for it.
So as someone who has dived into the Neptune/EcoTech/Aqua Illumination ecosystems water and drank so much of the koolaid I think I got drunk. (Have somewhere like 10k-ish but don’t tell my wife she might divorce me over it)
Just please and thank provide something for us so that we know what is going on so that we can have a realistic expectation of when it is coming or if it is coming.
Doing a preorder would at least give you an idea of how many to make in the first run.

Top Shelf Aquatics

MikeIkerson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing it is still several months out. They released the news of the product in October 2022 and haven’t said a word about it since. I think Neptune saw how horrendous mobius is and realized it’s going to take a lot more work to even get these devices to regularly connect to mobius, let alone a completely separate mxm module. Mobius is trash and Ecotech and BRS should be ashamed of themselves they continue to sell products with the worst software and user interface in the entire reefing industry.

bee144

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing it is still several months out. They released the news of the product in October 2022 and haven’t said a word about it since. I think Neptune saw how horrendous mobius is and realized it’s going to take a lot more work to even get these devices to regularly connect to mobius, let alone a completely separate mxm module. Mobius is trash and Ecotech and BRS should be ashamed of themselves they continue to sell products with the worst software and user interface in the entire reefing industry.
I legit agree. Ecotech hardware is A+. Ecotech software rates at an F. Mind blowing how bad Mobius is

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back