Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 240 gal display and my sandbed although pretty clean could use a little extra boost. I have a single diamond goby I’ve had for over a year and I was wondering if I could add 3 more? I know they tend to like to be in pairs, but as I’ve had this guy for a little while I’m not sure how well introducing more would go. I’d try to add 2 sleeper gobies too if that could be better.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
L

lucas-grimm

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have one already, it's going to be hard to add anymore as it's likely established itself in the tank. I have a 260g and tried adding a second diamond goby and it didn't go well.
Any chance that trying to form a group would go better? I added a yellow watchman about 6 months ago and had no issues although they do tend to stay apart

Top Shelf Aquatics

DrMMI

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance that trying to form a group would go better? I added a yellow watchman about 6 months ago and had no issues although they do tend to stay apart
Maybe you can try putting them into an acclimation box near the sand bed for a few days and see how the other one reacts to them? If he doesn't pay any attention to them, you're likely in the clear. If he keeps trying to go after them, then maybe remove him for a few days, change up the aquascape a little, and add them all in together.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ecotech Marine
Back