Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a brand new vortech MP40 2 weeks ago and noticed right off the bat that the dry side was hot I was wondering if this is something normal im currently running the mp40 at 55% it would be helpful if I new if this is a normal thing or if I should return it to get a new one

BRS
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Tgould

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a brand new vortech MP40 2 weeks ago and noticed right off the bat that the dry side was hot I was wondering if this is something normal im currently running the mp40 at 55% it would be helpful if I new if this is a normal thing or if I should return it to get a new one
I’m having the same problem. Only with one of the two new pumps put in. I’m looking into it and will share any info I receive.
mine actually shut down on me. Not sure if it was because of overheating but it was noticeably hotter than the other pump when it happened.
seems like it’s lined up properly but right off the bat I noticed a bit more vibration than the other. I’m still moving and tweaking the wet side a bit to see if this helps.
So far I’ve been running it at50% constant and it’s been fine. Gonna turn it back up tomorrow to see what happens

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back