MP40 slowest rpm on MXM?

Frank61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering buying a MXM but I am not sure that it will do what I need: one MP40 in constant feed mode (rpm ~785) and the other on the slowest Gyre setting with two short feed modes.

Currently, I have a Red Sea 200 G2 (40 gal) with 2 MP40's on the back wall. They are oversized because I didn't realize when I bought them that they could not be slowed low enough . However, setting them, as above, with the left MP40 on feed mode for the entire 24 hours and the right MP40 to Gyre Mode at its lowest setting with two 15 min feed modes (noon and 4pm) results in a nice flow pattern and works well with my auto feeder (Plank). The left MP40 typically runs around 785 rpm and the right varies from around 600 to 1600 rpm when in Gyre mode.

As far as I can tell, the Apex seems to list all of the mobius modes, except Feed mode on its' drop down list. Unfortunately, the slowest I can set in Constant mode is around 1600 rpm, which is too fast for my needs.

Before I purchase the MXM, I want to ensure that I can recreate the above settings with the Apex. Can any one confirm whether I can or cannot do this? Thanks!

OP
OP
F

Frank61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not sell one and get a mp10 and keep some side money
Good idea, but currently I have one extra MP40 wet side (3 in total), which makes maintenance and cleaning a breeze as I can rotate them. A lone MP10 would defeat this rather significant monetary investment.

Anyone know if MXM can run a MP40 in constant feed mode or an equivalent speed of ~785 rpm?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I purchase the MXM, I want to ensure that I can recreate the above settings with the Apex. Can any one confirm whether I can or cannot do this? Thanks!
You are correct that feed isn't an option in fusion. The way fusion handles feed isn't the same as mobius.

As mobius allows the option to select feed and operates the pump in a subset of slower speeds, fusion does not offer that.

The way feed is handled in fusion with MXM is utilizing a feed cycle or virtual outlet that overrides the pump but will be handles by percentages of constant speed. I say that just to point out feed mode in fusion isn't the same as in mobius.

I can't confirm if 1% constant in fusion is the same as mobius. If I had to guess, I'd say they are the same.

OP
OP
F

Frank61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct that feed isn't an option in fusion. The way fusion handles feed isn't the same as mobius.

As mobius allows the option to select feed and operates the pump in a subset of slower speeds, fusion does not offer that.

The way feed is handled in fusion with MXM is utilizing a feed cycle or virtual outlet that overrides the pump but will be handles by percentages of constant speed. I say that just to point out feed mode in fusion isn't the same as in mobius.

I can't confirm if 1% constant in fusion is the same as mobius. If I had to guess, I'd say they are the same.
Thanks for the confirmation about fusion. I wonder if Support @neptune would know what 1% would be in rpm. Guess it can't hurt to ask.

OP
OP
F

Frank61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering buying a MXM but I am not sure that it will do what I need: one MP40 in constant feed mode (rpm ~785) and the other on the slowest Gyre setting with two short feed modes.

Currently, I have a Red Sea 200 G2 (40 gal) with 2 MP40's on the back wall. They are oversized because I didn't realize when I bought them that they could not be slowed low enough . However, setting them, as above, with the left MP40 on feed mode for the entire 24 hours and the right MP40 to Gyre Mode at its lowest setting with two 15 min feed modes (noon and 4pm) results in a nice flow pattern and works well with my auto feeder (Plank). The left MP40 typically runs around 785 rpm and the right varies from around 600 to 1600 rpm when in Gyre mode.

As far as I can tell, the Apex seems to list all of the mobius modes, except Feed mode on its' drop down list. Unfortunately, the slowest I can set in Constant mode is around 1600 rpm, which is too fast for my needs.

If anyone else is interested, Support @neptune advised that running a Profile in Constant Mode @ 1% will set the MP40 into the slow Feed Mode speed, whilst setting Constant Mode @ 1% directly will cause it to run at the faster rate. I just set up my MXM and although I no longer get rpm measurements, the flow rates do seem to be about the same as before installing the MXM. All seems good now.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back